Why Guardians of the Galaxy Was the Best Movie of the Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Summer 2014 was a hot one for movies. It included flicks such as The Fault in Our Stars, 22 Jump Street, and X-Men: Days of Future Past. Marvel’s initial ads for its latest superhero movie, Guardians of the Galaxy, definitely looked a tad lame. Despite being the summer underdog, it caught on with audiences of all kinds and quickly became one of the most successful films of the season.

The story of five selfish misfits who band together and unknowingly save the galaxy completely surprised everyone with it’s sarcastic humor, killer soundtrack, and loveable characters.

Here’s why Guardians of the Galaxy was the best movie of Summer 2014:

1. Chris. Freaking. Pratt.

Our Parks and Recreation loveable Andy Dwyer triumphs as the champion of Transformation Tuesdays.

I mean who could resist this goofy piece of man candy…

2. Zoe Saldana takes on yet another color.

Is it weird that this is becoming a normal thing..?

But she can be whatever color she wants because she’s a total B.A.

3. The snippy, talking raccoon.

If you listen close enough, you’ll notice that it’s actually the one and only Bradley Cooper.

4. Groot…

And his silliness…

And his magical powers…

5. BABY GROOT!!!

6. The most epic Marvel Movie soundtrack in existence.

If you don’t see the movie, do yourself a favor by downloading these awesome tunes.

Do yourself a favor and go see Guardians of the Galaxy!

Hey all! I'm a sophomore here at UMass Amherst. I'm an English major and Education minor, and I'm psyched to be a part of Her Campus!
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst