Why Every Collegiette Should Be Using Poshmark

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

If you haven’t heard of the Poshmark app, download it NOW. It is probably the most hidden gem I learned of this past summer, and from it I have made over $600–yes, six hundred dollars–selling clothes I no longer need or wear.

I’m like any classic 22 year old hoarder–I hate to give up clothes for that slight possibility that I might need it one day. I have trouble parting with those Juicy sweats from middle school (how do they still fit?) or that American Apparel sweatshirt that’s probably worn in just a bit too much. With this amazing app, you can sell your old or new clothes to prospective shoppers at a price picked by you.

Yes, there is a catch–the app will take 20% of the profits, or in some cases if the item sells for $15, Poshmark will take a flat fee of $2.95 out. In a lot of cases, I’ve found that I’d rather make 5 or 6 bucks for a shirt from Forever 21 I probably won’t ever wear again than just let it sit in my closet.

If you’re a college student strapped for money and want to make a couple extra bucks, keep reading!

The app allows you to like, comment, offer, and buy items listed by sellers from all over the country. Users have the option to sell a wide variety of items ranging from shoes to jewelry to apparel, all at a super discounted price.

This is by no means a promotional post, but rather one Collegiette sharing with others the beauty of the phrase “one (wo)man’s trash is another person’s treasure.” The app makes it incredibly easy to sell and buy, all with safe payment options that let you “cash out” with your sales similarly to how Venmo does.

Users have the opportunity to ask questions of the seller like “can you post a picture of it on?” or “do you think this dress runs more like a small or like a medium?” So far all of the users I’ve met on the app are incredibly friendly and all enjoy interacting and with one another.

So what are you waiting for? Get Poshing!

Photos: 1, 2, 3

Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst