Why Dwight from “The Office” is Our Secret Inner Voice

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Dwight Schrute from The Office is arguably one of the greatest fictional characters to ever exist. From his infinite knowledge on all subjects to his master plans to take Jim down, there is simply never a dull moment when Dwight is involved. One of Dwight’s rather unique qualities is his ability to express himself when something makes him mad without caring about the consequences. Although 99.9% of the time his comments are things you would never dare say, our secret inner voice may agree with (some) of his shameless reactions.

When the last person you want to see shows up at the party you are at:

When someone rolls their eyes at you:

When you’re forced to take your UCard picture on a hot day, and you’re a sweaty, grumpy mess:

When you can’t find a seat at Berk:

When someone talks shit about you:

When you are working on a group project and no one is listening to your input:

And sometimes there are simply no words for how you are really feeling:

Although Dwight’s comments are completely out there, we can’t help but relate to them. Even if it is just our secret inner voice, we all have a little bit of Dwight Schrute in us (scary, isn’t it?).

Rachel Annese

U Mass Amherst

A junior at UMass Amherst who enjoys all things Beyonce, singing in the shower, and spending endless nights watching The Office.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst