assorted zodiac signs?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
assorted zodiac signs?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Original Illustration on Canva for Her Campus Media

What Podcast You *Need* To Listen To: Based On Your Zodiac

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Because some of you can’t make up your minds (*cough* water signs *cough*)

Aquarius (Jan 20-Feb18): Duncan Trussell Family Hour

Known for their unique lifestyles and big thinking, Aquarians will feel right at home with Dan Trussell and his weekly guests. Fresh off his Netflix hit The Midnight Gospel, Trussell explores deep spiritual questions, the outer reaches of the multiverse, and every random thought in between. This podcast is best enjoyed by diving right in, no questions asked!

Host: Duncan Trussell

Pisces (Feb 19-March 20): My Dad Wrote a Porno

Affectionate and artistic, Pisces will enjoy the unfiltered award-winning podcast about a group of siblings who read through their father’s erotic novel. This hilarious podcast explores their dad’s cringy work with humor and heart, and by the end, you’ll feel like part of the family (whether you want to be or not!). 

Hosts: Jamie Morton, James Cooper, and Alice Levine

Aries (March 21-April 19): Death, Sex, and Money

Let’s get right to the point: Aries aren’t interested in small talk. Known for their independence and impulsiveness, Aries love to talk for hours about the big questions in life. This podcast talks about the things the rest of us are too afraid to question, exploring the hard choices we make in our lives. If you want to really feel human, this NPR favorite is the way to go.

Host: Anna Sale

Taurus (April 20-May 20): You’re Wrong About…

Natural born leaders with deep-rooted opinions, Taurus’ will love being able to tell people exactly why they’re wrong about famous historical figures and events. Every week, Mike and Sarah explore people and events in the past that have been misunderstood by the general public and why. Once they get over their stubbornness, Taurus’ will absolutely love learning these new history lessons. 

Hosts: Mike Hobbes and Sarah Marshall

Gemini (May 21-June 20): My Brother, My Brother, and Me

A fan favorite among comedy lovers, MBMBAM is an advice podcast hosted by a trio of brothers with absolutely no business advising others what to do. Heartwarming and unapologetically bizarre, Geminis will love the random nature of the podcast and light-hearted banter between the McElroy’s. Don’t be surprised if you join their cult following overnight!

Host: Justin, Travis, and Griffin McElroy

Cancer (June 21-July 22): StoryCorps

Known for their sympathy and generosity, Cancers are most at home with emotional stories of the human heart. This international project captures candid, unscripted conversations between two people (family, strangers, or others) about what is really important in life. Full of heartbreak, joy, and understanding, this podcast will connect you to others like never before.

Host: StoryCorps

Leo (Jul 23-Aug 22): Behind the Bastards

A lesser-known gem in the podcast world, BTB explores the lives of the worst humans in history and the bizarre realities behind some of the most evil historical groups. Informative and funny, Leos will enjoy host Robert Evans’ off-the-cuff humor and passionate storytelling. Fan-favorite episodes include the insane lives of grifters like L. Ron Hubbard and John McAfee. 

Host: Robert Evans

Virgo (Aug 23-Sept 22): Wait Wait…Don’t Tell Me!

Logical and cool-headed, Wait Wait…Don’t Tell Me! is the perfect break for the Virgo mind. This quiz show covers the main headlines of the week with some fantastic celebrity guests. Put your knowledge to the test against your favorite celebrities and the general public, all while laughing along with the live studio audience. 

Host: Peter Sagal

Libra (Sept 23-Oct 22): My Favorite Murder

Let’s be honest: if anyone in the zodiac could solve a murder, it would likely be a Libra. Diplomatic and level-headed, Libras will love listening to this perfect balance of informative true crime and compassionate conversation. With a massive fan base, Libras will surely continue their discourse and theories with others long after the episode is over.

Hosts: Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark

Scorpio (Oct 23-Nov 21): The Last Podcast on the Left

Ben, Marcus, and Henry are not your typical podcast hosts- but that is exactly what makes them perfect for the Scorpio listener. Unfiltered, strange, and fantastical, Last Podcast covers everything from demonology to true crime to UFOs. Scorpio’s bravery will come in handy with their “gold-star” rated episodes. 

Hosts: Ben Kissel, Marcus Parks, and Henry Zebrowski

Sagittarius (Nov 22-Dec 21): This Podcast Will Kill You

Known for their humor and sense of adventure, Sagittarius’ need a podcast that will hold their attention. This unique podcast explores the strangest medical mysteries in the world, all while injecting light-hearted humor. A fascinating conversation starter, this podcast will be the perfect tool for Sagittarius’ to get the ball rolling at parties (via Zoom, or course!). 

Hosts: Erin Welsh and Erin Updyke

Capricorn (Dec 22-Jan 19): Planet Money

The hardworking, motivated mind of a Capricorn is always asking practical questions- and Planet Money has the answers. You don’t need to understand the intricacies of the economy to enjoy this thought-provoking narrative, covering everything from Facebook to “pink tax”. Don’t be fooled by the boring name- this podcast will keep you entertained for hours and hours.

Host: NPR

Happy listening!

Katherine Scott

U Mass Amherst '21

Katherine is an honors double major in Journalism and Political Science at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. She hopes to one day combine her love of activist writing and politics to become a host of her own podcast. When she's not writing, Katherine loves to spend her time traveling, going to the theatre, and watching Star Wars (for the 100th time). Follow her on Instagram @_katiescott17
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst