etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

What It’s Like Coming Back to UMass After Spring Break (As Told by House of Cards)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

So your week of rest and relaxation is over and it’s time to head back to the Amherst campus.

All of a sudden, you get slapped in the face with the reality of readings, projects, homework, and exams all over again. You kinda want to give them a look like this…

Even those group projects tend to get a little more tense than usual, since you’re the one doing all of the work anyway.

In fact, the huge amount of work you forgot about over Spring Break just generally sucks.

The weather isn’t that great either. Spring seems like it’s been just around the corner for about a month now (or at least that’s what you keep telling yourself when you’re bundling up for that dreaded walk to class). You’re at the point where you want to have a conversation with winter, and go…

This insane winter weather has been going on for so long, you refuse to wear anymore winter clothes, even though your friends think you’re crazy.

But how are you supposed to know when the weather is supposed to get better? Living in New England (especially Western Mass!) means you’re literally experiencing Mother Nature’s mood swings as they happen.

And the warm weather followed by the smack of a cold front makes you want to swear vengeance on this cold, cold winter.

You just have to stay strong until you can finally wear that crop top again!

But back to school. You still feel hopelessly lost about all of the school work you’re drowning in.

You might even feel like this…

But rest assured, fellow Collegiettes! The last half of the semester is going to be great. It’ll be like a little party!

So how do you feel right about now, Collegiettes?

Brittany O'Neil

U Mass Amherst

Brittany is a junior at UMass Amherst with a double major in Early Childhood Education and Psychology. In addition to being a content editor for the best Her Campus chapter, she also works for the STEM Ambassadors Program, and is a Peer Mentor. She's obsessed with Netflix, sarcasm, and gifs. Lots and lots of gifs.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst