This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Tinder is the dating app of the millennial generation, but a Collegiette knows to never take anything at face value. Just like us, guys have particular aims when using the app. Before swiping right, take a minute to figure out which kind of guy you may be dealing with…

Squinted eyes

Typically pretty boys (or wannabe pretty boys) do this. It shows that he’s really into himself and probably won’t be so interested in you.

Pictures with friends

If he’s posing with his friends it shows that he’s social and friendly. But if he’s posing with a bunch of liquor bottles in his hand, then you might have to worry about how much he parties.  

Picture with a girl

This is the most annoying thing to come across. It makes him very questionable. Granted, it might just be his sister, but we will automatically assume that he is in some sort of “relationship.”

Body picture

If he only has body pics (and a lot of them with his face missing), then he could just think his body is all it takes…Which is not true!

Regular picture

This picture contains a fully clothed man posing for a regular picture. There’s nothing about this picture that raises any eyebrows. So if you find him attractive, swipe right and he might just be your Tinderfella!

Happy swiping, Collegiettes!

Photo Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst