mohau mannathoko upvUrxqrmro unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
mohau mannathoko upvUrxqrmro unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Unsplash

Want Take Out?: Here Are The Best Restaurants and Boba Spots In The Amherst Area

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

As a senior at UMass with less than three weeks left, I created a goal for myself to try the most restaurants/boba shops in town. There is something to be said about living in a small town like Amherst. Since I am a hardcore city girl, after graduation, I am not sure if I will ever live in a rural area again! Because of that reason, I made myself a promise to really soak in life in Amherst. A part of this “soaking” in the quiet town of Amherst includes eating out, of course. Let’s say you are in Amherst, Massachusetts and you need a quick bite to eat. I made sure to try most of the restaurants out here, so you do not have to, and can have a list of the best restaurants!

The Works Cafe 

I have to list The Works Cafe as one of the best places to eat in Amherst. This is a great place to catch up on work throughout the week or even on the weekend. My favorite meal to get for lunch at The Works is mac and cheese. The breadcrumbs on top of the mac and cheese do it for me every single time. In addition to coffee, smoothies, and more The Works has sandwiches that are to die for. 

Miss Saigon 

Miss Saigon is one of the restaurants that I tried earlier in the semester and it was great. This Vietnamese restaurant had great chicken and veggie fried dumplings that were crispy and felt warm and hearty in the stomach. Not to mention, the fried rice was amazing! My friend and I went out to Miss Saigon for dinner and the service was lovely. If you want to take a break from studying and catch up with a friend, Miss Saigon is the place to do just that! 

Limered Teahouse 

Since I was a freshman, I have always been a huge fan of LimeRed. It is one of my favorite boba spots in Amherst! I usually get mango, peach, or passion fruit tea with boba and sometimes, if I am feeling lucky, with strawberry popping boba. If you need a quick pick-me-up, this is the place to go! I love getting boba after either lunch or dinner with my friends. The setting in this boba restaurant is a great place to either study, mysteriously read a book, or see some friends. 

La Veracruzana Mexican Restaurant 

This is one of my favoCan’t get enough of HC UMass Amherst? Be sure to follow us on Instagram, listen to us on Spotify, like us on Facebook, and read our latest Tweetsrite Mexican restaurants in the area. The price is perfect for college-aged students and the setup of the restaurant is very casual and fun! I always get a quesadilla with a side of chips and their delicious guacamole. I have been here a number of times with my friends this semester and wish I had known about it earlier! This is a great place to eat with your friends before a night out on the weekend. 

If you are taking a trip down to Amherst soon, I would definitely suggest that you try at least one of these restaurants! If you are a freshman at UMass, my advice to you is to get out there! Figure out the bus system and if you have the means, try to go out and try a new place once or twice a month during the semester! Not only will you have a great dining experience outside of UMass but when it comes to your senior year, and you realize you have not tried any of the restaurants, you won’t come up with a crazy plan to try them all before you graduate.

Can’t get enough of HC UMass Amherst? Be sure to follow us on Instagram, listen to us on Spotify, like us on Facebook, and read our latest Tweets

Niajah Hyppolite

U Mass Amherst '23

Niajah Hyppolite is currently a senior majoring in Sociology with a minor in Political Science. During her free time she enjoys watching comedies and spending time with her loved ones. She loves reading memoirs and always has a caffeinated beverage in her hand at all times. This is her fifth semester with HerCampus and she is very excited to write!