UNREAL Candy – The New, Healthier Candy

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

This Halloween, Her Campus UMass Amherst’s Campus Correspondents Deirdre Cusack and myself, were fortunate enough to receive thousands of samples from the new and upcoming candy, UNREAL. UNREAL Candy takes your classic favorites: Snickers, Peanut Butter Cups, M&M’s, Peanut M&M’s, Milky Ways (with different names, of course) and completely UNJUNKS them. That’s right Collegiates- it’s candy that’s healthier for you. Instead of artificals, the company uses all natural ingredients (like real peanut butter and natural food coloring) and forgoes everything that could potentially pack on the pounds. There’s no corn syrup, no partially hydrogenated oil, no GMOs, no preservatives, less sugar, and a low glycerin index – basically, it excludes everything that makes you want to stay away from those king size candy bars.

Deirdre, Emily Randall (a writer on our team), and I handed out samples of UNREAL at UMass’ biggest parties over Halloween weekend and the response was, in fact, unreal (no pun intended). People couldn’t believe there was a candy that could actually use all natural ingredients, but taste so good. Many people pointed out that they liked the packaging and marketing. Unlike some other all natural, healthier food options, it doesn’t give off that “crunchy” or “earthy” feel. Students (girls especially) commented that after eating, they didn’t feel bad about themselves and that there was not a heavy, gross feeling in their stomach. Since everything tastes so real and natural, UNREAL feels good to eat. Needless to say, people kept coming back for more, wanting to try each kind!

Don’t believe us? See for yourseves! Watch the video below to see why people can’t get enough of this UNJUNKED, UNREAL Candy. Be sure to look out for more samples soon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOOeNvls7qc&feature=plcp

Kim Giordano

U Mass Amherst

Kim Giordano is a senior majoring in Communication at The University of Massachusetts Amherst. Kim has been writing for UMass' widely known student run newspaper, The Daily Collegian, since her freshman year and was recently named Blog Editor. She is also involved with community service programs Best Buddies and Relay For Life, as well as a member of the National Society of Leadership. Hailing from her hometown of Montvale, New Jersey, Kim loves reading (preferably with a cup of coffee in hand), live music, and a good clothing sale. Kim would love to end up writing, but whatever she does, she'll be in New York while doing it.