UNight: Are You Going Out Tonight?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

A new app called UNight, created right here in Amherst by UMass students (Derek Phillips ’14, Zach Norton ’14, Phil Scarfi ’16, Alex Koshy ’15, and Nate Tepper ’14) is about to seriously streamline your weekends…

UNight was founded on a basic concept: the more of your friends at the bar, the more fun it is.

“We wanted to hang out with all of our friends at the bars, but we were spending so much time calling, texting, and figuring out plans. That’s why we created UNight,” said Co-Founder, Nate Tepper.

To put things plain and simply, UNight makes going out with your friends easier. The app shows you which of your friends are going out that night and which bars they are going to.

“I loved UNight’s interface, it allowed me to easily locate my friends despite their intoxication,” said UNight user and UMass alumni, Kyle Brown.

Simply log in, set your radius to see all the bars in your area, exclusively add friends from your phone’s contacts, see which friends are going to which bars that night, and press “Go” to let them know you will be joining them.

UMass-area bars currently covered on the app include crowd favorites such as Stackers, McMurphy’s, The Pub, OTT, Lit, High Horse, and U-Pub.

In addition to Amherst, over 6,000 bars in Boston, NYC, and San Francisco are on the app, with more being added every day. If they have yet to add your area, you can request a bar directly through the app.

After months of building, testing, simplifying, and partying (aka market research), they have just released UNight in the App Store this morning!

So… are you going out tonight, Collegiettes?

Alexa Harrison

U Mass Amherst

Alexa Harrison is the President and Editor in Chief of Her Campus UMass Amherst as well as a Management Intern at the Her Campus Media headquarters. She is a Senior English major and IT minor with a specialization in Nonfiction Writing. In her free time, Alexa enjoys going to museums; drinking iced green tea; and playing around with Adobe Creative Suite.