This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

The holidays are coming up quickly and I always make the mistake of thinking I have more time to shop than I actually do. It never hurts to get started early on holiday shopping, and get yourself in the festive mood! Buying gifts shouldn’t stress you out or break the bank. No matter who you are shopping for here are ten gift ideas that can get you started on holiday shopping or be perfect last minute gifts that won’t cost you a fortune.

Gold Hoops

Madewell carries great jewelry for reasonable prices, and I am constantly wearing these gold hoops. However, if gold hoops aren’t exactly what you are looking for they have a wide variety of other amazing earrings, rings, and necklaces to find for anyone on your list.

Milk Frother

Many are working from home now and stopping for coffee on the way to work doesn’t happen as much anymore. Gift someone a milk frother to up their at-home barista skills!

Ankle Weights

For the person who loves fitness, and is having a hard time with not being able to go to the gym normally during the pandemic this is a great gift. These ankle weights are a great addition to any workout to ensure you feel that burn!

Journal

A journal is a versatile gift since it can be used for a range of things. Whether a person loves writing their thoughts, goals, or even drawing these cute monogram journals from Anthropology make a great gift. They even come with a matching pen!

Slippers

With all the time we are spending at home, the time we spend wearing real shoes is limited. I first saw these slippers recommended on TikTok, and I immediately purchased them. I can guarantee they do not disappoint, and are a great cozy gift!

Throw Blanket

One can never have too many blankets! This chunky knit blanket will add warmth and style to any space. Perfect gift for the homebody in your life.

Origins Mask Set

For the skincare lover in your life try out this mask set from Origins. With a range of different masks that pass Sephora’s clean beauty standards, it is a great gift to give for someone who deserves to treat themselves.

Cheese Board

For the person who loves hosting dinner parties or girls night, this wooden cheese board would be a great addition to their kitchen. This cheese board is accented with a letter adding a personal touch to the gift.

Carhartt Beanie

This carhartt hat is well loved by many, and would make a great gift for just about anybody in your life. Carhartt is great quality and this hat is a steal! It is a great accessory for the winter and comes in a variety of colors.

Blue Light Glasses

Today almost everyone spends hours staring at different electronics. Blue light glasses are meant to reduce exposure to blue light waves from digital screens, and many experience less eye strain and better sleep from wearing them. This affordable pick has stylish frames and features a trendy tortoise design.

Hopefully, these gifts can give you some inspiration, and make your holiday shopping a little easier!

Julia Brown

U Mass Amherst '23

Julia Brown is currently a sophomore at UMass Amherst studying nutrition and public health. She loves hanging with friends and finding cute coffee shops in her free time. Feel free to follow her on instagram @juliabrown15
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst