UMass Greek Events to Look Out For This Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Check out some of these incredible events held by Greeks in the next few weeks!

Alpha Tau Gamma – Pumpkin Festival

Carve a pumpkin or admire the artistry of others as lit pumpkins surround the Mullins Center on October 19th. ATG coordinates this Pumpkin Festival for students, alumni, families and friends. Come celebrate Homecoming and the fall season!  

When: Saturday, October 19th 4:00-6:30pm

Where: Lot 25 (adjacent to the Mullins Center)

Cost to carve a pumpkin: $7.00 for students and children, $10 for alumni and additional guests

Iota Gamma Upsilon – 2nd Annual Teal For My Sisters

Come support the sisters of IGU at the High Horse restaurant and bar in their 2nd annual Teal For my Sisters event! There will be dinner and a pool tournament along with a 50/50 raffle. 10% of all food sales will be donated to the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition! (Note: pool tournament is 21+)

When: Saturday October 19th 1:00-4:00pm

Where: High Horse restaurant and bar in downtown Amherst

Alpha Epsilon Pi and Alpha Epsilon Phi – 5 v. 5 Coed Basketball Tournament for Sharsheret

Sharsheret is an not-for-profit organization that supports young women and their families facing breast cancer. Come out and support! Play with or against your friends and bring people to cheer you on!

Where: Boyden Gym 

When: Sunday October 20th from 11:30am-5:30pm

$35 a team and $5 per spectator

Kappa Sigma – Candelight Vigil for Evan Jones

There will be a candlelight vigil for Evan Jones, a student at UMass and brother of Kappa Sigma. It is encouraged for anyone and everyone to come show support and pay respect. They will also be selling small candles and taking donations throughout the event. The proceeds will go to the Milton High School Athletics Scholarship, which is where Evan went to school and played Football, Basketball, and Lacrosse.

When: Sunday October 20th 6:00pm (Evan’s Birthday)

Where: Haigis Mall

Alpha Sigma Phi & Alpha Chi Omega – Chili’s Gives Back Night

10% of all proceeds will be donated to UDance and the Children’s Miracle Network, so stop on by! For those of you over 21, it is also a Sam Adams Pint Night!

When: Thursday October 24th 11:00am-11:00pm

Where: Chili’s on Route 9

Phi Sigma Kappa – 2nd Annual 5K Run for March of Dimes

Another wonderful opportunity to raise money for a great cause—with your help, the brothers hope to raise money to help fund research to reduce premature birth, birth defects, and infant mortality. There is a $10 Five-College Student Registration Fee, and an after party the Amherst Brewing Company at 4pm!

When: Sunday October 27th 3:00pm

Where: Southwest Horseshoe

Sigma Delta Tau – Trick or Treat BBQ

This event is being held in support of the American Heart Association.

When: Sunday October 27th 1:00-4:00pm

Where: SDT House on North Pleasant Street

Only $5 for all you can eat!

Don’t forget some other upcoming all Greek events this fall include Shelter Sunday on October 20th at the Fine Arts Center, and UDance on November 16th in the Student Union Ballroom!