Life > Experiences

Top Five Spring Break Destinations I Love, and You Will Love Too

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Spring break is just around the corner, but snow is still falling. Whether you want to get a tan, see a new place, or just get away for a few weeks there is a destination for you. It is never too late to gather friends and make plans. Here are my top five all-time favorite destinations you should check out along with recommended hotels and sights to see. 

Aruba

The Caribbean dream, Aruba, is a beautiful Dutch-owned island. You are in the prime time recommended for visiting the country where you will enjoy golden sand beaches with clearwater, and 80-degree sunny weather—what more could you ask for? If you want to explore the area, check out the shops on the island, or take a cruise and swim with local dolphins. Looking for a place to stay? Check out Riu Palace Aruba for all-inclusive options, or enjoy an affordable stay at Hyatt Regency Aruba offering a large resort and casino.

The Bahamas

No matter how many times you visit, The Bahamas never gets old. Located in the North Atlantic region, the island has plenty to offer for all ages. From the lazy river and water slides to lively restaurants and bars. If you are looking for a new adventure, step out of your comfort zone and swim with pigs. The most popular places to stay are two highly rated resorts packed with activities and lots and lots of food, Baha Mar and the classic Atlantis

Miami Beach, Florida

Let’s be real, no matter where you go in Florida, you are going to have a great time. One of the best travel spots for spring break, Miami Beach has some of the best nightlife I have ever seen. You can party all day and night, sip drinks on the beach, and head to Miami to see what the city has to offer. My favorite spots are Wynwood and the Design District. You cannot visit Miami Beach without stopping at the clothing store and cereal bar, KITH. The milkshakes are my favorite! Stay at Fontainebleau Miami Beach to access its several pools, LIV nightclub, and delicious restaurants. 

Florence, Italy

Although a little chilly and not the beach, you will experience authentic culture, beautiful architecture, and the best food of your life. Eat your favorite Italian staples such as pasta and pizza the way the locals know and love it. Maybe you will even learn some basic Italian. Take a wine night to the next level through a group wine tour. Want to keep the trip within your budget? Try renting an Airbnb with friends, or connect with a friend studying abroad and stay with them.

Las Vegas, Nevada

This trip will likely only be fun if you are 21, but it is the coolest idea for a senior year trip with friends. Splurge on drinks and the casino to celebrate how far you have made it and have the time of your life partying. If you are celebrating a 21st birthday, this trip is going to be irresistible. Go all out at the famous Caesars Palace or keep it fun and low-key at The Orleans Hotel and Casino. Cheers to you!

I will be in Aruba this spring break, so maybe I will see you there! I have compiled this list based on places I have enjoyed, as well as where many college students have been visiting. No matter where you travel or even if you take a staycation, you will still have many Instagrammable moments and hopefully some time to relax. Don’t forget to stay safe!
Can’t get enough of HC UMass Amherst? Be sure to follow us on Instagram, listen to us on Spotify, like us on Facebook, and read our latest Tweets

Darya Iranmanesh

U Mass Amherst '24

My name is Darya Iranmanesh (she/her) and I am a junior public health and political science dual degree student at UMass Amherst. One fun fact about me is that I lived in Washington DC for a semester and absolutely loved it. My long-term goal is to advocate for those with disabilities through policy work (and hopefully make it back to DC!). I have been writing since 2017, with my first published article in Education Week in 2018 discussing my experience with the special education system. I was born with a rare genetic disease that has left me significantly visually impaired. I hope to spread awareness through talking about my experience with blindness and disability in general. I really enjoy reading (Colleen Hoover is my favorite author), music (Taylor Swift fan here!), and indoor cycling. I hope to become a spin instructor someday in addition to my other projects. My favorite TV show is definitely Grey's Anatomy and my favorite movie is Mean Girls, a classic! I am a member of the UMass Persian Student Association and am part of the Pre-Law society. I hope you enjoy my articles, as I am excited to share my thoughts on all things lifestyle and social change with you!