Top 5 Places To Make Sure To Visit In Boston This Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Summer is about one month away, and that means for most of us students at UMass who live in MA or close by, there’s no better place to go enjoy the summer than our very own Boston. Boston has just about everything you could want: food, shopping, and museums. In Boston, you can hit up a concert at the TD Garden, catch a Red Sox game at Fenway, or spend a day on the water. Here are the best places you should make sure you make it to when you go on your trip to our lovely city!

1) Newbury Street

Newbury Street is the place to be for a full day of shopping! From Gucci to Forever 21, you will be guaranteed endless hours of shopping. The sun is always shining, so while you are shopping, take a break and dine outside at a delicious Boston restaurant right on the same street.

2) Fire and Ice Restaurant

If you are coming to Boston with your family or a big group of friends, Fire and Ice is the restaurant you should choose. With a fun experience where you can get endless creations you choose and they grill right up in front of you, you will be guaranteed to have an amazing meal and a great experience.

3) Mike’s Pastry

Mike’s Pastry is the most bumping, delicious, Italian Sweets store you could ever imagine! If you are in the mood for a cannoli, they have so many flavors you won’t know which to choose from. They also have gelato, cake, and Italian cookies. The line is always out the door, but the wait is worth it. Also, it is located right in the North End of Boston, so before you head over to Mike’s, go out for a delicious Italian dinner.

4) Faneuil Hall

Faneuil Hall is another area of shopping, and this place also offers outdoor entertainment like music shows, people getting out of straight jackets hanging upside down, getting a caricature picture drawn, and so much more! This area is great for entertainment, food, including Dick’s Last Resort, and of course, shopping.

5) New England Aquarium / Boston Museum of Science

The last place I recommend visiting while in Boston is either the Aquarium, the Museum of Science, or both! We might be out of school, but that doesn’t mean you can’t go somewhere educational. These places are interesting, fun, and educational. Bring the kid you are babysitting to the Aquarium, and I can guarantee you will have as much, or even more, fun than the little kid! Or go with your friends, family, or your significant other.

Have a wicked good time!

My name is Abbey Miller. I am a sophomore at the University of Massachusetts Amherst and my major is Communications. My favorite things in life are my family, my friends, my education, makeup, shopping, and Taco Bell.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst