alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Top 10 YouTubers Guaranteed To Make You Smile

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Hey there Collegiettes, are you looking to have a good laugh? Well, I have the perfect solution – go watch some YouTubers. In the past, YouTube has been famous for viral videos, similar to what you would see on America’s Funniest Home Videos. Nowadays, however, there are people on YouTube (YouTubers) uploading weekly videos and creating fan bases for themselves that range between hundreds of thousands to even millions of people. There’s a reason these YouTubers have so many fans, and it is because they are hilarious. Here I’ve put together a list of the top ten YouTubers that I feel have the most entertaining channels on YouTube.

Jenna Marbles

Jenna Marbles is referred to by many as the “Queen of YouTube”. With over twelve million people subscribed to her channel, Jenna is certainly one of the most famous women on the internet. She uploads weekly videos to her channel every Wednesday (which she has nicknamed “Sexual Wednesday”), and they usually involve her performing her own skits, such as “What Boys Do In The Car” and “How Girls Watch TV”. Her videos get funnier and funnier each week, so you should go check them out.

Nigahiga

Nigahiga, like Jenna, is a YouTube sensation. One of his most famous videos, “First World Problems,” has become very popular on social media websites like Tumblr and Twitter. He creates weekly videos covering some of the most random topics, but they are always guaranteed to keep you laughing.

Marcus Butler

Marcus Butler is a British YouTuber with an impeccable sense of humor. He creates weekly videos that vary topic-wise from week to week, but they are always equally hilarious. One thing I love about Marcus’ channel is that many of his friends are YouTubers as well, so he likes to make videos where he collaborates with his friends. The lighthearted dynamic between Marcus and his friends is guaranteed to cheer you up on a bad day.

Caspar Lee

Caspar Lee is an outspoken, adventurous YouTuber from South Africa. He creates weekly videos that can include anything from collaboration videos with his friends, skit videos, or – my personal favorite – prank videos. Caspar is fearless and has no shame, so one of his favorite things to do is mess with people on camera. If you love a good prank video, you should check out Caspar’s channel.

Troye Sivan

Troye Sivan is an Australian YouTuber and is referred to by many as “undeniably adorable.” His natural cuteness factor and sense of humor make Troye extremely lovable. Like Marcus and Caspar, Troye is another YouTuber who loves doing collaboration videos, and in my opinion, his are always the best. Troye’s videos will make you smile on any day of the week, so you should go check them out.

Grace Helbig

Grace Helbig, known famously as “Daily Grace,” is one of YouTube’s most recent sensations. Grace puts out videos almost every day on YouTube and the topics of her videos are always extremely random. However, they are always sure to feature Grace’s sarcastic sense of humor, and a bunch of great puns.

Joey Graceffa

Joey Graceffa is one of YouTube’s most famous vloggers. With a new video out every single day, Joey wins over his audience with his flamboyant yet charming personality and the promise of a new video the very next day. Since Joey uploads a new video every day, his videos have a very wide range of topics. However, they mostly feature collaboration videos with other YouTubers, his own music videos, or whatever it is he happens to be doing that day. Joey is also famous for his new series Storytellers, which is a web series he created having to do with a war between demons and hunters. Joey’s channel features such a wide variety of content, it is impossible to get bored.

Shane Dawson

Shane Dawson is one of the funniest people on YouTube. Shane has no shame and is not afraid to say what is on his mind. He is well known for his parodies of famous celebrities and he also loves to dress in drag as random characters that he’s created. Shane is not afraid to tell dirty jokes and is most certainly not afraid to be honest and poke fun at whatever guest he has on his show that day. If you’re a fan of people like Nick Swardson or David Spade, you should definitely check out Shane’s channel.

Danisnotonfire

Dan Howell, more famously known as Danisnotonfire, is a British YouTuber who claims that his channel is like an “internet support group” for people who are socially awkward. He likes to make videos that poke fun at himself, and show the many different ways in which he fails at life. His videos are incredibly relatable and will have you laughing and thinking to yourself “that’s so true!” If you ever have an embarrassing day and want to feel like you’re not alone, or you are just interested in hearing about the embarrassing moments in someone else’s life, check out Dan’s channel. Or just check out his channel anyway. It’s really hilarious.

AmazingPhil

Phil Lester, known as Amazing Phil, is also a British Youtuber and is Dan’s roommate and best friend. The content of Phil’s videos is always incredibly random, because he is incredibly random. He likes to ask his viewers questions that are impossible to answer, and it usually makes for a funny video. He also likes to take random thoughts that he has and then act upon them to see what might happen. He usually then ends up embarrassing himself, but it is always hilarious to watch.

Each of these YouTubers are unique and has made their channel into something that they can be proud of. They have changed the face of YouTube and have made the internet a much funnier place to be. If you haven’t already, be sure to check out each of their channels. I can promise you, you’ll be laughing until you cry.

Alyssa Jeanne

U Mass Amherst

Alyssa is a student at UMass Amherst. She is an English major who enjoys reading, writing, listening to music, and hanging out with friends.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst