This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

This year has brought a lot of turmoil and burden to many people, and it’s easy to get caught up in the negativity and struggle of what’s going on. However, this Thanksgiving season, there are still things we can focus on that we are thankful for. Here’s some good news in case you need it for the wrap up of 2020!

If you, your friends, and your family are safe and healthy

I hope you and your family are safe during this time, and if they’re not, I wish for a safe recovery. But if you, your family, and your friends have not had COVID, that’s definitely something to be thankful for. 

You made it through another year

Congratulations on making it *almost* through 2020! This is a huge milestone considering how difficult this year has been due to the pandemic, elections, and quarantine.

The end of another semester

If you’re in school, you’re almost done with another semester which is an achievement in itself. Online school has been so different and confusing, so this is something everyone should be proud of.

Promotions or accomplishments you’ve made throughout the year

Throughout this year, I’m sure everyone has achieved several goals or accomplishments, whether it be getting a raise, focusing on your mental health, eating better, or really anything that you wanted to get through this year. Congrats on these things, and don’t overlook them when looking back at the whole year!

Surviving a pandemic

We’re all living through a historical event right now and it’s important to acknowledge this and give yourself a break. Even though it’s really hard and can be very scary, everyone is going through it at the same time, so don’t be afraid to ask for help and advice. We also have technology that makes interacting with people easy, such as Zoom and FaceTime, so we can stay in contact with close ones.

Having the resources to get help if you have COVID

Luckily there are a ton of online resources and places you can find help for about COVID. We’re really lucky we get to have all this due to the researchers and health providers who work hard to make this accessible.

2020 was a hard year for most people, and even though it’s almost over, we can still look for the good in the year. Here’s to another year ahead and let’s hope the pandemic is overcome.

Elizabeth Mooney

U Mass Amherst '22

As a senior at UMass Amherst, Elizabeth Mooney is studying Community Education and Social Change and is so excited to be writing for HerCampus for her third year! She writes articles on lifestyle, relationships, and college life so check them out! Feel free to follow her Instagram: @lizmooney02
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst