“The Album” by The Jonas Brothers Is Finally Here: These Are My Initial Thoughts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

As the self-proclaimed #1 Jonas Brothers fan, I see it as my civic duty to inform you all The Album by the Jonas Brothers is HERE. This is their sixth studio album, and I think it’s the perfect collection of summer anthems. In an interview, Nick Jonas said that the album was heavily inspired by 1970s and 1980s pop music. This album is vastly different than anything they’ve previously done. It’s a collection of love songs for their wives and daughters. They’ve grown up with their audiences, and this new change in their music really reflects that. I was incredibly lucky to be able to attend the sold-out Jonas Brothers Broadway concert, where they played a collection of their new songs back in March, and I have been thinking about them ever since! I’ve been listening to The Album since it was released (I’m listening to it while writing this), and these are my initial top five songs:

“Sail Away”

I’m obsessed with this song…I think it’s my favorite off of the album! Something about it is just so catchy. I’ll be listening to it in the car with the windows down or if I find myself on a boat this summer. The vocals in this song are top-tier (especially Joe) and I get goosebumps every time I hear it.

“Wings”

This was the first single that The Jonas Brothers put out way back in February, but it has been a staple on my Spotify playlist since. This song lives in the back of my mind rent-free. I love it too much, and hearing it live was incredible. 

“miracle”

This song is so different from anything they’ve done before! It’s the first song on the album, and it shows that you’re about to hear something different from their past albums. It’s a miracle how good this song is! (see what I did there?)

“little bird”

This song gets me right in the feels. It’s written about them being girl dads. Seeing this live with my dad was such an amazing experience, and this song is so sweet! Definitely a more vulnerable song, and there wasn’t a dry eye in the theater when they performed it live for the first time. Also, Joe’s vocals in this song are insane. 

“celebrate!”

Shocker…another great song. I want to play this song at every birthday party going forward because it just sets the perfect mood! In my mind, this song is surrounded by balloons and confetti. It has the perfect vibe and makes me want to dance (which I will not be doing, since I cannot dance). 

If you haven’t listened to this album yet, then I’m going to need you to do so immediately. I think this might be their best album yet, and you can tell that it’s a new style for them. I am so excited to see them on tour this summer and get to hear all of these songs live! Again! (hehe) My only complaint about this album is that it’s too short. The good news, though, is if you only have 32 minutes, you can listen to the whole thing! That being said, this album is all I wanted (and more), and I’m so excited it’s finally here! 

Can’t get enough of HC UMass Amherst? Be sure to follow us on Instagram, listen to us on Spotify, like us on Facebook, and read our latest Tweets!

Emma Larivee

U Mass Amherst '24

Emma is a Senior Communication major and Business minor at UMass, with an interest in Social Media Marketing. In her free time, she loves spending time with her family, her two dogs, Mac and Daisy, and reading. She also loves to listen to music, specifically Harry Styles, the Jonas Brothers and Taylor Swift.