This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

As the cold weather approaches don’t forget to take care of your lips! There have been many waves of favorite chapsticks over the years; from EOS, to Burt’s Bees, to Carmex. Perhaps nipple cream is the next fad? It turns out Lanolin Nipple Cream from Lanisoh is a great soother for dry lips. It is made from 100% natural ingredients so it’s totally safe to use! Mothers use this product to soothe their sore nipples after breast feeding and it’s completely okay for the baby to come in contact with it too.

Now before I dive into the product review, let’s get science-y for a second. Lanolin is actually a wax. It is derived from wool bearring animals, such as sheep or goats, that secrete this grease-wax like substance from their sebaceous glands. Sheep, for example, will use lanolin as a self moisterizer and it can be found in many lotions and body butters that we use today! In fact, the sole ingredient in Lanisoh’s nipple cream is lanolin!

Photo by Nandhu Kumar from Pexels

Nipple cream can serve as a gloss or lip balm. Applying the cream with a finger or Q-tip after a shower, will ensure smooth lips for hours. Often times, glosses become clumpy and sticky when applied to the lips—and especially over a lip color. However, when nipple cream is applied to the lips it lays on smooth with no stick!  “It’s better than Vaseline, it’s better than Aquafor,” says Mia Salazar, a YouTube influencer with over 200,000 followers, in one of her college vlogs: https://youtu.be/uJ81AInyNuo?t=42. I personally discovered this beauty hack on her channel and decided to go right to Amazon and purchase a tube for less than $10.00! (https://rb.gy/qq0o8v). Immediatley after using the cream I saw results. My lips, were smooth, glossy, and soft. Another perk is that nipple cream has virtually no flavor or scent, so it’s hypoallegrenic too!

womans face with stickers
Photo by Billie from Unsplash

This product is safe for babies and made from 100% natural ingredients. It’s definitely worth a try this fall and winter season!

Amaka Agozino

U Mass Amherst '23

Amaka is political science major hoping to go to law school to become a lawyer. Her other interests include song writing, playing piano, and photography. She also loves creative writing and pop culture!
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst