starbucks holiday drink menu 2022?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
starbucks holiday drink menu 2022?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Starbucks

Starbucks Holiday Drinks Are Back: Ranking Their Festive Flavors

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

My favorite time of the year has finally arrived! Cloudy skies. Frost on the grass in the morning. Boots and scarves. Always below 45°F outside. And, of course, the Starbucks Holiday Menu! There are six delicious options on the menu this year, and I’m going to rank them based on a variety of totally official, very objective factors (taste, concept, vibes, appearance, etc.). I’m going to do my best not to let my personal preferences outweigh reality, but let’s face it: I can only promise so much. 

Starbucks Holiday 1?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Starbucks

6. Irish Cream Cold Brew

Unfortunately, this drink gets last place. It’s not bad at all, but it just isn’t anything special. Irish cream syrup is the only thing making this different from a regular cold brew with cold foam. It tastes good, but it just isn’t festive enough to get a spot higher on the list. 

5. Toasted White Chocolate Mocha

This drink is moving in the right direction, but again, you can get a regular white chocolate mocha any time. The “toasted” aspect does give it a couple of points, plus the red sprinkles and white pearls are definitely the most festive toppings of any of these drinks.

4. Iced Sugar Cookie Almond milk Latte

You might have expected this to be higher on the list because of how festive it is. What screams the holidays like sugar cookies? And the red and green sprinkles! But major points are lost because this is an iced drink. You don’t sip an iced coffee sitting next to the fireplace staring out at the snow. A festive holiday hot cup is required in order to be in the top three!

3. Caramel brûlée Latte

This drink is actually my favorite!So why isn’t it #1?” Because I’m objective and fair, that’s why! I just think this drink tastes the best, but the ones above it are more over the top on the holiday vibes. Technically, you could get a caramel latte anytime, but unlike #5 and #6, the caramel brûlée syrup really is cozier and actually different than the regular caramel syrup. 

2. Peppermint Mocha

Controversial, I know, but I don’t like the peppermint mocha! I said it! I just really don’t like mint, but I know this is super popular among normal people that do. Peppermint is such a distinctly wintery flavor, and adding it to a comforting and creamy mocha just tastes like the holidays. 

1. Chestnut Praline Latte

The ultimate holiday drink! Chestnuts roasting on an open fire! Caramelized nutty syrup! SPICED praline topping! From top to bottom, every aspect of this drink is the epitome of the holidays. It may not be the most popular or the most well-known, but between taste, festivity, and pure vibes, it stands strong in the #1 spot.

Starbucks Holiday 6?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Starbucks

Now, I feel like I have to close this out with an honorable mention of THE best holiday drink Starbucks ever had: the Gingerbread Latte. Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like we’re getting that back anytime soon. But there are still six delicious choices to pick from, so go out and get yours!

Can’t get enough of HC UMass Amherst? Be sure to follow us on Instagram, listen to us on Spotify, like us on Facebook, and read our latest Tweets!

Alessandra Amore

U Mass Amherst '23

Alessandra is a junior at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. She is majoring in Public Health and is on the Pre-Med track, and is in the accelerated MPH program in epidemiology. She also plays trumpet in the UMass Minuteman Marching Band. She loves baking, her cat, and a good episode of Gilmore Girls.