Spring Style Inspired by Pantone Color of the Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

It’s been official for some time now: for 2016, the colors of the year are Rose Quartz and Serenity, but to the naked eye baby pink and baby blue.

Every year, Pantone releases the “color of the year,” which is actually planned about a year and a half in advance. According to Pantone, the color of the year is symbolic. It is a “color snapshot of what we see taking place in our culture that serves as an expression of mood and attitude.” 2016 is the first year that Pantone has ever release two colors for one year!

Rose Quartz and Serenity scream Spring. Here are some Pantone inspired styles to get you ready for Spring!

1. Fringe Scarf

This scarf from the Gap is light and airy. It’s the perfect piece to add to a denim jacket. 

2. Off The Shoulder Dress

Off the shoulder is having a moment. Get this cute dress from Zara.

3. Sandals

Springtime is the first time your toes will see the daylight since Fall. Show them off in some cute sandals from Asos

4. Denim Dress

Try out this take on a denim jumper. You can get it from Asos

5. Sunglasses

These cute cat eyes are both super cute and super in style. They’re also a great contrast from typical black or brown glasses. Check them out at Asos.

6. Studded Skirt

This style of studded skirt has been all over fashion blogs and Instagram since the Fall. Put a little spin and wear it in blue, rather than the typical dark denim. Find it at H&M.

7. Espadrilles

These wedges cannot be any cuter. They give off a springy/summer vibe while also covering up your toes for the breezy nights. These espadrilles can be found at H&M

8. Fuzzy knit top

Find these cute fuzzy sweaters in both pink and blue at Forever 21

Stay trendy and stylish, Collegiettes!

Source and Image: 1

Emma Crowley

U Mass Amherst

Emma Crowley is a Junior at UMass Amherst. She enjoys frozen yogurt, fashion blogs, the smell of fresh cut grass, and endlessly stalking One Direction 
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst