Spread the love, save some money!: Holiday gift guide on a budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

The gift-giving season is approaching quickly and nothing is worse than the chaos we all endure trying to find the perfect gift for our friends and loved ones. Not only is it trouble to try to pinpoint the right gifts but it is also a struggle to maintain a reasonable budget. Here are five items that anyone would love all under $50!

Owala Water bottle

Our first instinct when we want a good quality water bottle is to shop for brands like Hydroflask and Yeti. However, the Owala brand has brought innovative changes to your everyday water bottle. It offers both a wide-mouth opening and a built-in straw in one bottle. They open with a quiet click of a button and when closed, completely cover where you put your mouth, making it more clean and safe than most other water bottles. The bottles come in various shades and mix colors together to create fun, vibrant water bottles or your everyday neutrals.

inside then out journal

Journaling has recently received a wave of attention on social media. To be specific, journal prompts have become popular. People always talk about the benefits of journaling but it can be hard to just jump into it. Often times people do not get the full experience because they have no guidance. The Inside then Out journal allows you to write what you think and feel while also providing an outline to reach those thoughts. The Better Every Day Journal has 365 prompts for a whole year.

the comfy

This one is probably no surprise. The Comfy is a common gift because it is perfect for just about everyone you know. During the cold months, what could be better than being able to throw on a blanket hoodie? It is soft and warm and what makes it even better is it is perfectly acceptable to wear in public. The comfy is exactly what everyone needs this winter.

le petite sprout jewelry

This California-based brand gained popularity through TikTok. The business sells jewelry with song quotes from famous artists like Taylor Swift and Harry Styles. The designs and quality are impeccable. It takes lyrics or quotes and creates pictures that beautifully reflect the words engraved into the piece. This is the perfect gift for someone who loves a meaningful necklace or ring or the artists their pieces are inspired by.

revlon one step hair dryer

The Revlon One Step Hair Dryer is a staple in so many people’s hair routines. Its combined build of a hairbrush and a dryer has given so many of us the perfect blowouts at home. If you know someone who has yet to get their hands on one of these, there is a likely chance they will love it like the rest of us. In an era where a blowout hair look is all the rage and Dyson hair accessories cost an arm and a leg, this gem is what we all need.

Hopefully, this makes your shopping experience this season a bit easier. Someone in your life is bound to love one of these gifts!

Can’t get enough of HC UMass Amherst? Be sure to follow us on Instagram, listen to us on Spotify, like us on Facebook, and read our latest Tweets

Kaitlyn Soper

U Mass Amherst '25

Kaitlyn is a sophomore at UMass Amherst. Her major is political science. She loves music, film, and dance.