A Smart Collegiate’s Guide to Superbowl Super

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

The Superbowl is this Sunday, February 3, where the Baltimore Ravens will take on the San Francisco 49ers for the big win. But we all know we just watch for the awesome commercials. Regardless if you’re rooting for a team or just want to see the Bud Light commercials, you should throw a Superbowl party!

(And in only three steps)

1. Pick a time and place

2. Invite your friends

3. Snackage

4. (Optional) You could even make it a pot-luck.

Step 1.

Time and place is important. Make sure you have enough space in a place to hold everyone you want over. If it’s just a couple people, then it should be fine. But pick the time at least 30 minutes before the game. That’ll give enough time to get the room and the food and drinks together and still leave enough room for pregame and socializing.

Step 2.

Obviously invite your friends, but also let them know if they can bring anyone just incase space and food are limited.

Step 3.

Who doesn’t love food, and especially game food. Don’t serve dinner, but have little snacks out. Pretzels and hummus, veggies and ranch, potato chips with sour cream and onion, pita and spinach dip, you name it – anything goes. I don’t know if you’re a fan of pizza bites, but if so, and can make your own, that would be the cheapo way to go. Otherwise think about getting some Bagel Bites or mini hotdogs, even sliders. But don’t forget those buffalo wings. They are a football necessity. Not a fan? Me neither, pizza is fine with me!

If this is too much effort, seriously just order a party-size pizza and wings.

Step 4.

If you are tight on a budget and want other people to bring some things, ask them to bring drinks. You can also ask them to bring pizza and/or wings just to keep the food coming.

P.s., the Dollar Tree is selling snack trays and football things like they’re going out of style. See if you can’t pop in Friday afternoon or Saturday and pick something up. Only $1!

Safe partying and drink responsibly!

Deirdre Cusack

U Mass Amherst

I am a senior Communication and English major at the University of Massachusetts. I love music, food, dancing, my friends and family not in that particular order but preferably at the same time. I am an avid reader and have always had a passion for writing. I have an incurable addiction to iced coffee, popcorn, Boston sports and anything that sparkles. I hope to one day live in New York City and pursue a career at Cosmo.