sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Power Couples: The Top 10 Celebrity Relationships

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Whether you occasionally glance at a tabloid or stalk their lives, everyone knows the powerhouse celebrity couples. While it was difficult to narrow it to 10 (sorry for not making the list Kimye – you chose your fate by naming your daughter North West), these stars are too perfect to not recognize. From singers and actors to princes and politicians, these relationships give us hope, eye candy, and impossible standards.

1.  Kate Middleton and Prince William: because they are perfect royalty (isn’t there at least one picture Kate looks bad in? Step it up, Internet).

2.  Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis: giving the cliché “high school sweethearts” the credibility we always wanted – the love of Jackie and Kelso is now reaching its full potential. Sorry Demi Moore.

3.  Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow: because 7 Grammys aren’t complete without an Oscar and a Golden Globe.

4.  Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen: because who doesn’t appreciate a beautiful, Super Bowl-winning quarterback and his international model-wife?

5.  John Mayer and Katy Perry: because a singer-songwriter-pop duo never looked so good.

6.  Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone: because we need validation that the love of Spiderman and Mary Jane (I mean Gwen Stacy? Whatever) is real.

7.  Ellen Degeneres and Portia de Rossi: channeling your inner lesbian since 2008 – because beauty is incomplete without a fabulous and hilarious talk show host.

8.  Beyoncé and Jay-Z: because their combined musical abilities are more powerful than the U.S. Congress.

9.  Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie: because award-winning acting careers wouldn’t be complete without raising six children.

10.  Michelle and Barack Obama: because they run the world and look damn good doing it.

Kristin LaFratta

U Mass Amherst

Kristin is a senior at UMass Amherst. She can be reached at klafratt@umass.edu.