Plan Ahead For Your Feet: Winter’s Cozy Kicks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Winter is the time of comfort and coziness. It’s the time of the year when sweatpants are not always unacceptable and big sweaters are in style. But what of your feet? The feet have a more limited selection of winter cozy style options. While the classic leather boot or cute suede ankle high heel may keep you warm, they’re definitely not the most comfortable options.

Here are a few cozy options you can rock without giving up your love for style!

The Infamous UGGs

Don’t be afraid of the new colors and styles. While classic always works, some of these 2013 colors can transform your snug Sweatpant Sunday into a pimped out outfit. On the UGGs website you can now even customize your own pair!

Joules USA

The Joules website has great classic apparel that can make anyone feel like a queen. Their shoes are perfect for the New England weather too!

It’s Bean Time

This next company brings us two of our winter faves. L.L.Bean is the go-to for keeping warm and cozy in the winter. Their first boot is the classic version of the Joules winter shoe. While Joules makes this style into a cute new version, we couldn’t have a cozy winter style selection without bringing back the classic Bean boot. Also L.L.Bean is famous for their moccasins!

HUNTER

Hunter Boots can be worn year round, however, they are normally best for fall and spring. But if you add the lining to your Hunter boots they can transform into a cute customized winter style. The linings are great because you can mix and match! Go crazy if you want or keep it cute and simple.
Moon Boots (Yup, I said it!)

While it takes guts and a great style to pull these off, don’t discount these crazy kicks. Especially with the strong EDM and rave style influence popping up all over, Moon Boots are a great comfortable option which still allow you to express yourself. Pick your color and you’re ready to go. They are way more versatile than one might think!

Go to www.shop.tecnicausa.com or www.nordstrom.com to check out all the styles.

Winter is approaching sooner than you may think so stock up on those boots, collegiettes!

Oriana Schneps

U Mass Amherst

Live in Cambridge MA! Love scuba diving and horseback riding. I am a undergraduate student at UMass Amherst majoring in Hotel and Tourism Management and Biology. You can contact me at OSchneps@UMass.edu