Phi Sigma Pi Mega Dessert Crawl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Who wants twenty desserts from restaurants downtown?!

You do! Put your sweet tooth to the test with this ultimate dessert experience.

Phi Sigma Pi and the Amherst Business Improvement District present the first annual Amherst Mega-Dessert Crawl on November 2 from 12-3 p.m. Proceeds benefit Phi Sigma Pi’s local philanthropy, Reader to Reader, a nonprofit organization devoted to increasing literacy and fostering a love of reading at all ages, whose main office is located in Amherst.

Tickets are already on sale! One $20 ticket booklet gives you access to all 20 restaurants on the Dessert Crawl. Get one for yourself or split a booklet with a friend!

Need a date idea? Here’s one! Take a nice walk around Amherst with the beautiful fall colors around you, stopping to share 20 desserts along the way. This is also the perfect opportunity to check off going to restaurants you haven’t been to yet in Amherst center.

The dessert destinations include: Bertucci’s, The Pub, Loose Goose Café, Glazed Donut Shop, Baku’s African Restaurant, Chez Albert, Henion Bakery, D. P. Dough, Bart’s Homemade Café, FroyoWorld, J. Gumbo’s, High Horse Brewing, GoBerry, Arise Farm to Table Pub and Pizzeria, Oriental Flavor, La Veracruzana, White Hut, The Black Sheep, Paradise of India, and Wheatberry Bakery & Café.

The route begins at Kendrick Park, the grassy area across from Bertucci’s. There will be raffles, activities, and student performances at the start.

A limited number of tickets will be sold at the event, so it is advised to buy one before. Brothers of Phi Sigma Pi will be tabling from October 21 to November 1 from 9-3 in the Campus Center, so you can purchase your ticket there. Tables will also be set up outside of select DCs from 5-9 on October 21 at Worcester, October 22 at Berkshire, October 24 at Franklin, and October 29 at Hampshire. Tickets can also be purchased downtown at A.J. Hastings, Amherst B.I.D. office, Amherst Chamber of Commerce, and Loose Goose Cafe.

Karen Podorefsky

U Mass Amherst