etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

People Watching on Campus as Told by the Cast of Zoolander

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

No matter where you go, it is always so tempting to people watch. Whether you are at the beach or at the mall you run into some interesting characters. However, have you ever stopped and sat on a bench outside the library or spent some time in Blue Wall and people watched?

First of all, you probably have seen at least a handful of students walk by taking snap chat selfies. Two words: duck face!

A day also does not go by on campus without examining the people who promote different products in the campus center

One of the most common trends in people watching on campus is seeing visitors who have no idea where they are going. It can be confusing how to walk around them.

Let us also not forget about the abundance of construction workers on campus. When will the construction ever end?

You also have to enjoy watching students who look like they rolled out of bed walk all across campus (I am guilty of this for sure). 

In the integrated learning common, it is amusing to watch people look back and forth between their bus schedule app on their phone and at the large television with the bus times. Why are they never consistent?

Probably one of the best times to people watch on campus is the first day of classes.  It is especially interesting to see students trying to find their way through the engineering complex.

If you sit at one of the tables outside Blue Wall, you catch snippets of various phone conversations

Last but not least, sometimes you will pass by cars on campus whose passengers are quite the characters.

Image sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst