Outfit Ideas for When the Weather is Unpredictable

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Now that it is spring, it’s time to bust out the dresses, skirts and shorts…or a jacket? Here are some outfits ideas for when the weather is either on your side or not.

1. 60 degrees

This is the trickiest weather to style for depending on where you live and other environmental factors. I would recommend going for the pants route (no need to shave!). Try opting for an outfit with jeans, a t-shirt and a cardigan or a blazer. That way, in the case that you get warm, you can take off the cardigan or light jacket.

2. 70 degrees

It finally feels warmer now in this weather. This is your chance to either show some leg or still wear pants. If you opt for wearing jeans, a tank top would be ideal so that if you do get hot, it’s not as tight as a t shirt. If you’re wearing shorts or a skirt, bring a sweatshirt with you in the case you do get cold, classrooms can get chilly.

3. 75 degrees

That five degrees makes all the difference. You could wear what you would if it were five degrees colder but swapping sneakers for sandals would make the outfit more weather appropriate.

4. 80 degrees

In the spring, the weather can go AWOL and all of a sudden it feels like the middle of summer. This is the optimal chance to go all out and wear a dress, a nice skirt or your favorite shorts. For a top, a flowy tank top or a light t-shirt is a must. 

The weather in the spring is the most problematic of the seasons, but remember that you are only weeks away from months of sunshine and shorts! 

Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Chloe Trepanier

U Mass Amherst

Chloe is a Her Campus National Social Media Intern and a senior Communication major at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. She is the Social Media Director for Facebook for the UMass chapter and is the Chairperson of the UMass Theatre Guild. Her hobbies include watching 30 Rock and eating ice cream. You can follow her on Twitter and on Instagram. 
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst