This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Now that the playoffs have begun and the Bruins have come out fighting, let’s take a closer look at our favorite NHL team, the Boston Bruins – and the players that wear that spoked B.

Patrice Bergeron:

Age: 28Position: CenterFun Fact: Bergeron started playing for the Boston Bruins when he was 18. During the 2013 Stanley Cup Finals, Bergeron played with a broken rib, torn cartilage, and a separated shoulder.

Gregory Campbell:

Age: 30Position: CenterFun Fact: Campbell can play the guitar, and has a small passion for fashion – but don’t expect to see him in the fashion industry after he retires from hockey.

Jordan Caron:

Age: 23Position: Right WingFun Fact: Caron is a player that not many fans get excited over – but his hard work, passion and diligence led to a goal in the Bruins’ 3-0 win over the Detroit Red Wings.

Loui Eriksson:

Age: 28Position: Right WingFun Fact: Eriksson was part of the trade that sent Tyler Seguin and Rich Peverley to the Dallas Stars, in exchange for Eriksson, Reilly Smith, Matt Fraser and Joe Morrow coming to Boston.

Justin Florek:

Age: 23Position: Left WingFun Fact: Florek scored the Bruins’ first 2014 season playoff goal against the Detroit Red Wings after being called up from the Bruins’ AHL team.

Jarome Iginla:

Age: 36Position: Right WingFun Fact: Iginla has reached a series of milestones in his time spent with the Bruins, including playing his 1300th NHL game, reaching his 14th season with 25 goals, 556 career goals, and more recently, his first career playoff overtime goal.

Chris Kelly:

Age: 33Position: CenterFun Fact: Kelly hasn’t played in any of the playoff games so far. He’s out with a back injury and is one of the Bruins’ alternate assistant captains.

David Krejci:

Age: 27Position: CenterFun Fact: Krejci has had 19 goals this season for the Bruins. He is one of the Bruins’ alternate assistant captains.

Milan Lucic:

Age: 25Position: Left WingFun Fact: Recently, Lucic launched an anti-bullying book and held a signing where $20 donations went straight to charity.

Brad Marchand:

Age: 25Position: Left WingFun Fact: Marchand is known as the ‘little ball of hate’ due to his knack of getting under the skin of the opposing team. Marchand and Krug often debate which one of them is taller – and we still don’t have the absolute truth.

Daniel Paille:

Age: 30Position: Left WingFun Fact: Many of Paille’s teammates said he is the funniest guy on the team. He plays on the Bruins’ fourth line, known as the Merlot line. Paille is currently out with an injury right now, battling a concussion.

Reilly Smith:

Age: 23Position: Right WingFun Fact: Reilly Smith is one of brothers, all who play professional sports: older brother Brendan, playing for the Red Wings, and older brother Rory, who plays professional lacrosse.

Carl Soderberg:

Age: 28Position: CenterFun Fact: Soderberg is actually blind in his left eye, stemming from an injury sustained during hockey.

Shawn Thornton:

Age: 36Position: Left WingFun Fact: Thornton is known as being one of the Bruins’ best and biggest fighter. He also hosts Cuts for a Cause every year, which benefits children with cancer; fans are allowed to bid on players and highest bidders get to shave their player’s head.

Matt Bartkowski:

Age: 25Position: DefensemanFun Fact: Bartkowski was voted worst dressed by a couple of his teammates – something he vehemently denies.

Johnny Boychuk:

Age: 30Position: DefensemanFun fact: Boychuk and his wife just welcomed twins earlier in the season. He says the only player on the team he would trust to babysit is fellow defenseman, Dougie Hamilton.

Zdeno Chara:

Age: 37Position: DefensemanFun Fact: Chara clocks in at 6’9, and is the tallest player in the NHL. He is also the team captain. Earlier this year, he carried his country’s flag at the Winter Olympics.

Dougie Hamilton:

Age: 20Position: DefensemanFun Fact: Hamilton’s parents met at a Doug E. Fresh concert, coining his name.

Torey Krug:

Age: 23Position: DefensemanFun Fact: Krug became the 5th defenseman in Bruins history to score 10+ goals as a rookie earlier this year. Krug stormed into the scene in last year’s playoff, scoring 4 goals in 5 games.

Adam McQuaid:

Age: 27Position: DefensemanFun Fact: McQuaid’s parents signed Adam up so he could make friends. He is quick to fight to defend his goalie.

Andrej Meszaros:

Age: 28Position: DefensemanFun Fact: The Bruins acquired Meszaros earlier this year from the Philadelphia Flyers. In the first game against the Flyers since that deal, Meszaros scored against his former team.

Kevan Miller:

Age: 26Position: DefensemanFun Fact: Earlier this season, Miller signed a 2 year, $1.6 million dollar contract. Miller has proved himself through his tough playing and grit.

Corey Potter:

Age: 30Position: DefensemanFun Fact: The Bruins acquired Potter off waivers earlier this year. He’s been scratched for majority of the playoffs, playing just the first few games, due to injury and sickness of other players.

Dennis Seidenberg:

Age: 32Position: DefensemanFun Fact: Seidenberg has been out with ACL and MCL injuries. He has been traded 3 times in his career.

Chad Johnson:

Age: 27Position: GoalieFun Fact: Johnson has proved himself to be a solid backup goalie to Rask, leading the team to a few shutouts this season.

Tuukka Rask:

Age: 27Position: GoalieFun Fact: Rask was just named as a finalist for the Vezina Trophy earlier last week. He had a .930 save percentage and 36 wins this year.

Photo Sources: 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526.

Mariah Scafidi

U Mass Amherst

Mariah is a journalism major at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. She minors in education and hopes to pursue a career in sports and entertainment journalism. She has a penchant for being overly dramatic about celebrities and athletes she doesn't know. You can follow her on Twitter @ryescaf.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst