My Spring Selections: Songs That Feel Like Sunshine (& More!)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

With warmer weather just around the corner, it’s time to find some fresh tunes to put the spring back in your step. The snow is almost all melted. The days have gradually been getting longer. Every warm weather day seems to be a tease. Spring may not be here yet, but it’s certainly on its way. 

In the spirit of the new season, I’ve compiled a mix of some songs that make you feel like you’re beginning to grow, too. Get ready to become the person who does their homework out in the sunshine and combats the rain with a polka-dot umbrella. 

So are you finally ready to escape the winter blues? Here are my top spring picks and when to tune in. 

Feels Like Sunshine

It may be partly cloudy, but you are fully in love with the world. Play these upbeat tracks at full volume when you dance around your room. Or better yet, dance outside in the sunshine. 

1.) Hey Ya! by OutKast

2.) Safe and Sound by Capital Cities

3.) Slide by Calvin Harris (feat. Frank Ocean and Migos)

4.) Walking on a Dream by Empire of the Sun 

5.) Everybody Talks by Neon Trees

Easy Breezy

Whether you are walking to class or studying at a picnic table outside, these vibey tunes are absolutely sensational when paired with a warm breeze. 

1.) Sunshine by Atmosphere 

2.) Sky Walker by Miguel (feat. Travis Scott)

3.) Passionfruit by Drake

4.) Another Day in Paradise by Quinn XCII

5.) 8TEEN by Khalid

April Showers

Gray skies are inevitable. At least now you’ll be prepared. Get ready to wrap yourself in your fuzziest blankets and watch the raindrops race down the window. 

1.) Collide by Howie Day 

2.) The Man Who Can’t Be Moved by The Script

3.) Big Black Car by Gregory Alan Isakov

4.) The Scientist by Coldplay

5.) Dead Sea by The Lumineers

Little Bit of Love

Something’s in the air. Maybe it’s just pollen, or maybe it’s something more. Plan a picnic and watch the clouds with this lovely little mix. 

1.) Peach by Kevin Abstract

2.) Make You Mine by PUBLIC 

3.) I Love You So by The Walters

4.) Deep Brown Eyes by Bedside Kites

5.) Love on the Weekend by John Mayer

Queue up some of these songs to get into a spring state of mind! Or listen to the full playlist, spring in your step, available here.

Sophia Apteker

U Mass Amherst '23

Sophia is the former editor-in-chief of the UMass Amherst chapter double majoring in journalism and integrated marketing communication. She is an avid Wordle player, a top 2% Drake listener, and a basketball enthusiast.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst