This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

It’s very cliché, but time really does fly. When I first arrived at UMass in 2019, I thought that graduation was so far away, and I had plenty of time to have all of the classic college experiences. Now, it’s the start of my last semester, and I haven’t done everything I want to experience before I graduate. Here’s what I plan to do for fun during my last semester at UMass.

Go to More Sporting Events

During the pre-COVID times, I loved going to hockey games, and that’s something I want to get back into during my last semester. It’s so fun to be at games with an energetic crowd, watching an exciting match. I also would like to see some different sporting events — I’ve never been to a basketball game or soccer match, so that’s on my list of things to see before I graduate.

Try All the Best Local Restaurants

In a few months, I’ll no longer be living in Amherst and enjoying all the amazing food options nearby! I love food, so I’m genuinely sad that I won’t be near Esselon, Pasta e Basta, and all the other Amherst favorites. I’ve never been to Bistro 63, Johnny’s Tavern, or several other well-known restaurants, so I have a busy schedule of good food for the next few weeks while I try all of them.

Have a Real Spring Break

I was planning on going to London in March of 2020, but that trip obviously got canceled, so I haven’t had a true spring break yet! I’m planning on visiting a friend who goes to college in New York City for the week.

Go to the Emily Dickinson Museum

This is something I’ve been meaning to do since I got to UMass. Emily Dickinson was an incredible poet who led a very interesting life, and since I go to school in the same town she lived in, I feel like I have to visit her museum while I’m here.

Go on a Hike

Yes, I’ve been hiking a few times while living in Amherst, but I haven’t been on a real hike. In other words, I’ve done the minimum amount of hiking for the best possible view. There are a lot of great hikes in the area, so I’d like to hike with friends.

See a Performance at UMass

The only real event I’ve been to so far was one acapella performance during my freshman year, but there are so many awesome groups on campus doing cool performances of all kinds. Since there are so many talented musicians, actors, and singers here, I feel like I should see at least one performance of some kind.

There’s so much to do before I graduate, and I want to maximize my time left on campus. However, I also don’t want to put too much pressure on myself to see everything the Amherst area has to offer. It’s impossible to check out every cute coffee shop and store or to attend every event at UMass. So, even though I’ll never do everything I want to here, I’m going to enjoy my last semester as much as I can.

Can’t get enough of HC UMass Amherst? Be sure to follow us on Instagram, listen to us on Spotify, like us on Facebook, and read our latest Tweets

Allison Brookhart

U Mass Amherst '23

Ally Brookhart is a senior at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. She is majoring in biochemistry and is interested how science interacts with society. Ally enjoys exploring new places, reading, working out, and playing volleyball.