autumn leaves on a dirt road
autumn leaves on a dirt road
Natalie Szewczyk

My Goals For Senior Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Senior year: who would’ve thought it would come so fast. Here I am, about to enter my senior year, and I think I am ready to see what it has in store for me. However, there are a few things I want to keep in mind as I enter my senior year. Below are a few things I think are important to me look back on and read next year.

Live in the moment

I tend to have this problem where I struggle to live in the moment. I am constantly worried about the future and stuck on the past that I miss so much. Next year, I really want to make sure I live in the moment. College has flown by these last three years, and it feels like it’s been only a few weeks. I want to make sure to really live in the moment and not worry about what the future holds.

Take pictures… Everywhere.

Every year, I try to take as many pictures as possible. However, this year, I really slacked. Next year, I want to take pictures of everything; that way, when I look back on my senior year, I can see how much fun my friends and I had. I never want to forget this place and I know I’ll be grateful to have pictures from my last year of college.

Try not to stress

Obviously, senior year is fun, but it’s the last year before you enter the real world for the first time in your life. I know there will be so much to worry about, but I need to not let it take over my last year. I want to have fun with my friends and successfully get through my senior year. That being said, I want to make sure I am proactive about my work and whatever I have to do to help reduce this stress.

Try not to cry…Every day

Next year is a big, big year, and I can’t even imagine myself graduating so soon. I still feel 16, and yet, I’m about to enter the real world. I am already overwhelmed with emotions just thinking about it. I hope to be able to compose myself next year and forget about all of the scary things that are ahead of me and really just have fun.

I can’t believe college went by so fast and I did it; I successfully made it through these past years dealing with COVID, online school, and a broken ankle. I’m honestly not sure how I did it, but I did. I know next year is going to be a rollercoaster of emotions, and I just hope I am able to have fun and not overthink the part about leaving here.

Can’t get enough of HC UMass Amherst? Be sure to follow us on Instagram, listen to us on Spotify, like us on Facebook, and read our latest Tweets

Sydney Dion

U Mass Amherst '23

Communication Disorders Major