Medicine cabinet packed full of skincare products
Megan Charles / Her Campus Media
Style > Beauty

My Favorite Skincare Products And My Skincare Journey 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Everyone wants flawless, smooth, and soft skin. However, that reality is very difficult to achieve sometimes. Skincare has always been something that is an important part of my life especially because I have grown up with a skin condition. 

A lot of girls struggle with skincare issues such as acne and eczema and I am certainly one of them. For as long as I can remember I have struggled with a skin condition called keratosis pilaris (KP). I would try tons of different skincare products to help cure my condition and to minimize the appearance of the bumps. However, there is unfortunately no cure for KP. Here are some of my favorite skincare products that have worked wonders for me and that I swear by. 

lush bath bomb?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Lush

“Dream Cream” by Lush is a great body moisturizer. It smells absolutely amazing with oat milk and lavender and it is a light cream that moisturizes and softens your skin. This moisturizer is meant for people with irritated, sensitive skin and is packed with some of the most soothing ingredients such as rose, lavender, and oat milk. Olive oil and cocoa butter are great for softening up dry or chapped skin, and rose oil helps to tone down redness and irritation. Rose soothes sensitive skin, cocoa butter adds rich hydration, and chamomile blue oil calms and cools. 

“Peace” by Lush is a great facial moisturizer. This is a softening moisturizer that is made for skin of all ages and it has a little something for everyone. Nourishing butters and almond oil leave skin supremely soft and moisturized, while soothing rose water, oat milk, and aloe calm skin. There is also a touch of coconut yogurt to aid in a healthy microbiome that is diverse but balanced. Coconut yogurt aids in a healthy microbiome, oat milk soothes skin, and illipe butter moisturizes. 

“Honey I Washed the Kids” by Lush is a great shower gel. It is toffee-scented and packed with super moisturizing honey which anyone will love. This moisturizer also has uplifting sweet orange and bergamot oils, and loads of moisturizing honey blended into a soothing rosehip and tiger lily infusion. Honey locks in moisture, orange oil refreshes, and bergamot oil cleanses.

I absolutely love Lush products because they are natural and manmade with no artificial ingredients. Their tagline is “fresh handmade cosmetics” and I can definitely tell that that is true because I have been using their products for quite a few years now. Everyone in my family, including my dad, loves and adores Lush products. Lush products are 100% vegetarian, 85% vegan, against animal testing, and completely handmade.

The Rose Instant Hydration Mist from Sephora is perfect for everyday use. As the name suggests, it has a nice and calm floral scent and is perfect to start your day feeling refreshed with a fresh face. It is a quick hydrating face mist that soothes, helps to reduce the look of pores, and softens all day, while also giving you a glow. 

The Cetaphil extra gentle daily scrub is great for skin of all types and ages. It effectively cleanses to remove dirt, oil, and impurities while microfine granules gently exfoliate to buff away dull skin. It is infused with hydrating glycerin and vitamins B5 & E to soften as it cleans. It gently exfoliates without over-drying or irritating skin. It is gentle enough for daily use and is dermatologist tested and clinically proven to be gentle on sensitive skin.

These are products that have worked for me and my skin. Always remember that every single person is different and a product that works for someone may not always be the best for someone else. I am constantly trying new skincare products so make sure that you choose skincare products that are best for you and that make you feel good! 

Can’t get enough of HC UMass Amherst? Be sure to follow us on Instagram, listen to us on Spotify, like us on Facebook, and read our latest Tweets!

Sravani Kaza

U Mass Amherst '25

Hi! I'm Sravani and I'm a student at UMass Amherst. As a shy and soft spoken person, I have always turned to writing to express my thoughts and feelings regarding various topics. I joined Her Campus to pursue my passion of writing and to share my ideas and thoughts with the world!!