My Body, My Health: Quick workouts to get Spring Break skinny

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Are you strapped for time? Do you have too much homework and club meetings getting in the way of your desired workout schedule? Well, did you know that you don’t have to spend hours at the gym to get in shape and be ready to wear that bikini come time for spring break!? Here you’ll find three short and sweet cardio workouts to get maximum fat burning power in no time! Whether you’re an elliptical, bike, or running kind of girl, WE HAVE THE PERFECT WORK OUT FOR YOU!

As you’re working through these routines, keep this scale in mind as a reference to how hard and fast you should be pushing yourself:

1. Walking to class
  2. Walking up the stairs of the Student Union
  3. Jogging up Fearing St
  4. Jogging up to Van Meter with books
  5. Sprinting to your 8AM final that you almost slept through, with books, to O-Hill

Elliptical

MINUTES LEVEL
1-5 1-2
6-10 2-3
10-15 4-5
15-20 5-6
20-25 6
26-30 2-3 and cool down for two minutes 1-2

SPEEDY SECRET: Make sure to hold on to the moving handle bars and not the ones in the middle, that way you’ll burn maximum calories AND get a a great arm work out all in half the time!

Bike

MINUTES LEVEL
1-5 2-3
6-10 3-4
10-15 4-5
15-20 5-6
20-25 6
26-30 6 and cool down for two minutes 1-2

SPEEDY SECRET: Feeling extra pumped today? Try upping the resistance during your sprints to scorch extra calories!

Treadmill or track

MINUTES LEVEL
1-5 1
6-10 2-3
10-15 4-5
15-20 5-6
20-25 6
26-30 4-5 and two minutes to cool down 1-2

SPEEDY SECRET:Bring a small backpack and try running to and from the gym as a way extend your work out! Now you have time for that, right?

TRY all three of these workouts 3-5 times a week and be ready to blast fat in a flash!

Caroline Bagby is a senior at the University of Massachusetts Amherst majoring in Journalism and minoring in Spanish. She spent her summer interning at Kiss FM for Boston's #1 hit radio show and getting owned by the restaurant where she waited tables. She is now double interning for Her Campus and for ABC40 in Springfield, MA where she is working as a broadcast news intern. Caroline hopes to one day make a name for herself in the production industry. She enjoys spending the money she doesn't have, bubbletinis, watching movies, writing, and surrounding herself with friends and family.