My Body, My Health: The Bikini Body Handbook Pt. 3

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.
ABDOMINALS

Okay girls, you made it: PART THREE on your way to a bikini body! The stomach region is probably one of the most noticeable in a bikini, but no need to worry. With some simple toning moves and the right diet foods you won’t feel ANY discomfort strutting your stuff by the pool.

Simple, basic crunches are okay but they only target one part of your abdominal region. Try these abs exercises to get all around definition!

The double crunch

• Lay on your back with your legs raised at a 90 degree angle
    • Raise your head (without straining it)
    • Bring your head forward and your knees back so that meet in the middle and hold for 2 seconds
    • Bring back down…that’s 1

The frog leg crunch

• Lay down with your feet touching in the middle, knees out to the side
    • Bring your head up and crunch your abs hold for 4 pulses
    • Bring back down..that’s 1

Ballerina crunch

• With leg extended and toes pointed and thighs together, lean back and place your forearm on the floor palms flat ( fingers forwards)
    • Leaving left forearm on the floor, lift right arm over heard and twist your torso to the left then return to center
    • Repeat on the other side…that’s 1

Do each of these crunches 3 times through with increasing reps of 10-12-15 or 12-15-20…your choice! Do this at least 3-5 times a week and see results by summer, just in time to wear the bikini with a new accessory….KILLER ABS!

Week 3 diet tips: FLAT BELLY FOODS! Enjoy these foods for a flatter tummy and some extra added benefits!

• ALMONDS- protein and vitamin E
  • AVOCADOS- Monounsaturated fat (good fat)
  • Semi-sweet or dark CHOCOLATE- antioxidants and disease protection
  • MACADAMIA nuts- fiber
  • Natural Peanut Butter- Vitamin B6, potassium, and magnesium
  • Olive Oil- antioxidants and monounsaturated fat
  • SUNFLOWER seeds- protect against inflammation
Caroline Bagby is a senior at the University of Massachusetts Amherst majoring in Journalism and minoring in Spanish. She spent her summer interning at Kiss FM for Boston's #1 hit radio show and getting owned by the restaurant where she waited tables. She is now double interning for Her Campus and for ABC40 in Springfield, MA where she is working as a broadcast news intern. Caroline hopes to one day make a name for herself in the production industry. She enjoys spending the money she doesn't have, bubbletinis, watching movies, writing, and surrounding herself with friends and family.