My 10 Favorite Songs to Sing in the Shower

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

One major perk to living at home this semester is is the opportunity to stage endless shower concerts without having my style cramped by communal bathrooms. What better way is there to spend shampoo time than singing, screaming, and dancing the stress, worry, and negativity from that day out of your system?

The list below contains my top 10 favorite tracks to listen to in the shower (in no particular order):

“Boys Don’t Cry” by The Cure

This rock classic song never fails to make me sing, dance, and pretend I actually know how to play guitar. It boosts my mood and always fits whatever vibe I am feeling that day.

“Linger” by The Cranberries

The Cranberries are a perfect band to sing along to when all you want to do is yell and sing really loud. Their timeless energy and upbeat tune helps any bad day get a little bit better.

“Scrawny” by Wallows

Wallows is one of my favorite bands, and “Scrawny” is easily my favorite song of their first album, Nothing Happens. I love the lyrics, message, beat, and vibes this song has to offer.

“Heart Of Glass” by Miley Cyrus (Cover)

Miley’s take on the Blondie’s classic could be one of the best parts of 2020. Her raw voice and authenticity combined with incredible belt and spunky taste makes this song an endless jam that you simply have to sing to. And if you say you can’t sing to this, you’re lying.

“Softly” by Clairo

I got into Immunity, Clairo’s debut album, in early March and have been hooked to this song ever since. Almost all of Clairo’s songs on this album could be great shower tunes, but I personally just love the soft tone and relaxing vibe in this song. 

“I Dare You” by The Regrettes

This is yet another song I got into during quarantine and immediately started singing in the shower just because of the simple upbeat nature of the song. This is a more pop-like song for The Regrettes, straying from their typical sound. Still, it brings their spunk and natural charm for sure.

“All I Want” by Olivia Rodrigo

I don’t know what else to say besides this is the definition of a shower bop, and Olivia Rodrigo deserves everything and more. I am patiently waiting until she releases an album, but I’m forever thankful for this golden hit.

“Golden” by Harry Styles

We are almost at the one year anniversary of when Harry Styles released Fine Line, and I am still certain that this is my favorite song off this album. Harry often says “Golden” was inspired by looking out while driving down the Pacific Coast Highway. So if you try to imagine it really hard while singing in the shower, it almost feels like you are in sunny California.

“Motion Sickness” by Pheobe Bridges

This may come as a surprise since this song is normally used for sad days, but I personally think it has a tone that is fun to sing along with, even during a time normally spent lifting my mood.

“You Oughta Know” by Alanis Morissette

This classic self empowering anthem makes it very easy to get out any anger or frustration from the day.

Honorable Mentions

“Lost” by Frank Ocean 

“Uproar” by Lil Wayne 

“Anyone Else but You” by The Moldy Peaches

“Prom Dress” by mxmtoon

I hope my playlist sparks some inspiration for your next shower concert. I beg you to try singing in the shower; it will change your life for the better.

Lulu Kesin

U Mass Amherst '23

Lulu is a senior double major in journalism and communications. Some of Lulu's passions include wearing patterned pants, dancing in the grocery store, watching coming of age movies and advocating for female equality in the sports industry.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst