This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Lights, camera, action! You know what that means… it’s movie night! There’s really no better combination than buttery, salted popcorn, candy, a drink, and a wonderful movie that keeps you talking about it all week to your friends. Now top it off with an unpredictable plot, thrilling action scenes, and a movie with Justin Timberlake and Ben Affleck (perfect eye candy). That’s what you will get if you go to see Runner Runner, which is currently out in theaters and is a must-see! What college student doesn’t love saving a little money here a there? Another added bonus to see this movie… Cinemark Theaters has a $5 Tuesday movie night and student discounts for $7.55, so reasonable!

The movie plot is about a grad student (Justin Timberlake) who pays for his Princeton University tuition by promoting on-line gambling to students on campus. He seems to be quite the gambler himself and ends up losing all of his money on-line and needs to figure out his next move. He travels to Costa Rica to find the guy responsible for his on-line loss to show him how he was actually cheated from winning. Justin Timberlake soon finds himself working for the on-line gambling mastermind, which soon takes a turn for the worst. The movie is filled with action, twists and turns, and an ending you will not expect! It’s filled with mystery, suspense, and drama and will surely keep you on the edge of your seat. If you’re running out of fun things to do in Amherst this week, this movie makes a perfect date night for you and your boyfriend. You can also turn it into a fun girls’ night with your besties!

So what can be a better sounding movie with a great cast, mysterious plot, gambling, action scenes, tropical places, the list goes on! Grab some candy, popcorn, and friends and head to the nearest theaters ASAP. You wont regret it!

Elana Jacobson

U Mass Amherst

Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst