This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Make-up is amazing. It can make you feel more confident, more beautiful, and add an extra something to your look for the day. As much as we love it, let’s face it: it can be a real pain in the you-know-what sometimes. There are some days when everything goes right, and then there are others where everything just has to go wrong. Trust me when I say you’re not alone. Here are just a few make-up struggles every girl can definitely relate to:

1. That perfect wing on one eye can never be recreated on the other

2. Similarly, you have one eyebrow that is perfect, flawless, and never looked better… the other looks like an overdrawn fuzzy caterpillar

3. That foundation shade that looked perfect in your bathroom lighting but doesn’t look so perfect when met with fluorescent lighting

4. No matter how much you blend, that contour still ends up looking like a brown line on your face

5. Bright lipstick smudging all over your chin after you eat 

6. The smokey eye you spent forever on just not cooperating and making you look like you got punched in the face

7. Forgetting to prime before putting on foundation (my fellow oily skin girls know this struggle too well)

8. Clumpy. Spidery. Lashes.

9. The most beautiful matte lipsticks highlighting every crack and crevice on your lips when they dry

10. And finally, having an itch after all of your makeup is already on 

The struggle is real

Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Class of 2019 journalism major at UMass Amherst! Absolutely love makeup, fashion, and everything in between.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst