This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Kanye West is a man who likes to leave his mark whether it is during fashion week, the VMA’s, or live stream radio. Recently, the musician has re-discovered twitter to use as a platform for all things Kanye….including life advice that we could all follow.

1. The discovery of falling in love with yourself is such a good feeling

2. Instagram is your palate and you are the artist. Don’t let people try and control the masterpiece which is your social media account.

3. Don’t be ashamed to ask for help when you need it

4. Being anti-social sometimes is acceptable, especially when people are on the prowl to steal your positive energy

5. Know when to end a relationship, especially when you start comparing it to 5 o’clock traffic jams

6. Do not forget to thank the people who helped you make it to the top

7. People only hate on you because they want to be you

8. Send messages to your federal government

9. If you judge people, don’t be shocked when they call you out on your flaws

10. Money doesn’t grow on trees. So don’t use yours first

11. Don’t let people distract you from your dreams

Thanks for keeping it #real Kanye. Maybe you’ll even use some of these in your campaign speech when you try and take over the White House in 2020.

Images: Cover12, screenshots from artist’s twitter

Chloe is double major in political science and legal studies. She is addicted to espressos and tea and her favorite hobbies include sleeping and eating. She also enjoys traveling and pretending she can dance like Beyoncé. Her life motto is "You can catch flies with honey, but you catch more honeys bein fly."
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst