A Key To His Heart: Impressing Your Boyfriend’s Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

You and your boyfriend just started dating! You’re not only thrilled that you finally found the guy you’re looking for, but you definitely would describe yourself as borderline “the perfect couple.” The only piece of the puzzle that’s missing is meeting the friends. You’re freaking out a bit, “What if they don’t like me?!” This is especially important because his friends are the most important part of keeping the relationship together, they know your boy better than anyone else. So at this point if you want to keep the relationship strong and continuing on, they have to like you.

If you want to impress your boyfriend’s boyfriends follow these easy tips:

1)  Don’t over think it: When you meet them just act normally, as if you were hanging with your own friends. Guys like to see that you’re comfortable in your environment and not uptight. It lets them know that they can act that way as well.

2)  Don’t hide: Don’t hide behind your boyfriend and be afraid to speak. Break out of your shell and have some fun!

3)  Engage and ask questions: These guys you’re about to meet are about to be your friends, so engage in conversation and take interest in any hobbies, sports, or activities they like and relate. Ask them questions and make connections.

Just make sure you’re not anything but bubbly and kind to your man’s friends, do not give them a reason to not like you. Your man loves you, so surely his friends will too, just be yourself!

Just keep smiling! I love hanging out with my friends, movies, and staying fit. I love Umass Amherst and hope to bring a little insight and flare into your life with some advice, tips, and tricks I have up my sleeve.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst