This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

You know that saying March is in like a lion out like a lamb? But, most of the time that’s really not true? Well, the weather may not agree to that but your makeup look can! There is something to be said when you are able to strip off a few layers from your bulky winter style and show some skin! Now that it isn’t as bitter cold and your skin is retaining more moisture, better hydrated skin is always looking to be done up! This Spring 2019 is especially ready for you to dive into your spring… almost summer… makeup and inspire the weather to hop on board with your soft-peachy vibes. Well… the weather may not have a ~soft peachy vibe~ but hey! We can always try!

Starting with your skin, it is essential to have a perfect primer. As explained by Adore Beauty, primer creates an extra layer between your skin and makeup. Priming products are predominantly used to help makeup last longer, smooth the skin’s surface, and even out the skin tone. This is essential to creating a base layer before using any sort of foundation, BB cream, or powder to help the product create a long lasting hold throughout your beautiful spring day. My suggestion is by the brand NYX.

This Born to Glow primer has some shimmer to give you that glow that just is not there on its own yet… summer we are coming for you!

Next, to keep a light base and to achieve an overall tone and color to your face I suggest BB cream. BB cream is lighter than foundation. It allows for evening the tone of skin essentially. This BB cream, along with the primer gives a good base layer to achieve your peachy vibe this spring. BB cream is also a great alternative to regular foundation if you have acne prone skin because of it’s lighter consistency. My favorite BB cream is by Maybelline.

Blush is a great opportunity to add the perfect amount of color to your face and bring life to the new fresh faced spring look. A blush adds color to the cheeks or wherever you desire. Apply to the cheek bones and the color will last all day. A great color for spring is Milani’s Baked Blush in shade 05, luminoso. Not only can you apply this blush on your cheeks, but for the perfect corally look apply a light layer with your blush brush to your eyes for a peachy, light look that would be perfect for a daytime date or just a day of classes!

A highlight is another essential when trying to create that perfect dewy-glow. Highlighter can be placed on the cheekbones, above the eyebrow or below, on the cupid’s bow, and the length of your nose.The Wet n Wild palette is great! This palette gives you a chance to mix and mingle colors, or just use one!

Finishing a look with a little mascara and lip gloss creates brings everything together and makes you stand out in the coldest days of March, but also the warmest! Have fun and don’t forget to play around with your makeup!

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4

Annie Norton

U Mass Amherst '21

A current sophomore at UMass Amherst who enjoys rom-coms, late night at Berk, and reading a book in her hammock. Follow her on instagram to get to know her even better @annienort0n
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst