I Went to a Jonas Brothers Concert. Here’s my Top 5 Reasons You Should Too:

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Madison Square Garden was a full house and my best friend Riya and I were living out our middle school (and high school if we’re honest) dreams in the greatest city, seeing the greatest brothers. Here are my top 5 reasons that you should see the “Happiness Begins Tour” too:

1. The Old Music

Burnin’ Up, Lovebug, S.O.S., When You Look Me in the Eyes, Fly with Me, and That’s Just the Way we Roll were all played. Burnin’ Up has always been my favorite, but S.O.S. was so hype that after the show I started listening to it more than any other song I previously had. The crowd was singing so loudly during Love Bug that Nick stopped and let us take over. I’ve never seen a crowd go so crazy— all three of them stopped when they first came on stage and just took it all in while we cheered. My cousin also asked me to record When You Look Me in the Eyes and the video did NOT disappoint.

2. The New Music

Aside from their radio hits, Cool and Sucker, Rollercoaster, Hesitate and Strangers are amazing songs. Rollercoaster has a great beat and is a fun dancing song—for me it’s tied with Sucker and Cool for the best songs on the album. Joe wrote Hesitate for his wife Sophie Turner and I’ve definitely listened to that slower love song on repeat. Nick’s song for his wife Priyanka, I Believe, has grown on me a lot since I first heard it and Strangers was amazing live too.

3. Bebe Rexha Opens

When I heard Bebe was opening I thought “oh that’s cool”, I loved her country song, Meant to Be, with Florida Georgia Line, but my friend Riya didn’t really care to hear her. But as soon as Bebe came on stage we were jamming and were so impressed by the end of it. She did not disappoint and I honestly didn’t even realize she had that many good songs: I’m a Mess, In the Name of Love, Me Myself and I, and Meant to Be were all played.

4. You Might See the J Sisters

Sophie Turner, Priyanka Chopra, and Danielle Jonas have to be the coolest sister-in-laws. I loved Sophie Turner in Dark Phoenix and I’m sure you Game of Thrones fans love her too. Seeing the guys’ wives and Kevin’s daughters in the crowd was super cute and Joe even had a hand holding moment with Sophie at our show.

5. The DNCE, Nick Jonas, and Camp Rock Songs

Cake by the Ocean, Jealous, Play my Music (performed in a mash up), and Gotta Find You were all played. While Gotta Find You doesn’t quite sound the same since Joe’s voice is much deeper now, it was still amazing. During Cake by the Ocean they blew up a ton of confetti and it brought me right back to 2015. Not to mention Nick’s solo song Jealous sounded even better with Joe in on it.

Images: 2

Other images courtesy of the author.

Megan Hollasch

U Mass Amherst '22

Megan is a senior at the University of Massachusetts Amherst with a double major in Communication and English. When she's not writing, you can find Megan waitressing, golfing, and hanging out with her dog, Felix. Feel free to follow her Instagram @meganholl57!
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst