Style > Beauty

How to Look Like the Next “Diamond of the First Water”: My Favorite Products to Achieve the Perfect “Bridgerton” Glow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

After watching the latest season of Bridgerton, do you want to look like the queen would pronounce you the new diamond of the season? In both seasons of the hit Netflix show, the main characters have beautifully glowing skin with rosy cheeks and bright eyes, a look very similar to the trending “clean girl” makeup on TikTok. I wanted to curate a Bridgerton-inspired makeup bag from my favorite products that look similar on the skin to what is seen on the show. 

To make sure makeup lasts all day, I like to use multiple primers to make my skin look its best before any makeup goes on it. The first primer I use to help my makeup last all day is the e.l.f. Power Grip Primer. This primer makes the skin tacky so any makeup you apply on top will stick to it. After this, I like to make my skin look dewy and glowing with either Saie’s Glowy Super Gel or Charlotte Tilbury’s Hollywood Flawless Filter. The former is ultra-lightweight and makes your skin look naturally dewy, while the latter has more of a tint to it and blurs the skin while giving an incredible glow.

I only apply these primers on my cheeks and the center of my chin so the rest of my face doesn’t look oily. After the rest of my makeup is done, I will typically go back in with the Flawless Filter to act like a highlighter on the tops of my cheekbones, reinforcing that glow. For the center of my face, I use Fenty Beauty’s Pro Filt’r Instant Retouch Primer to blur and prevent oiliness. 

For concealer, I enjoy e.l.f.’s Hydrating Camo Concealer because it has a nice amount of coverage, blends well, and gives a satin finish that looks like skin. The ladies of Bridgerton don’t wear any bronzer, but they definitely have some blush on. My top pick is the Milk Makeup Lip+Cheek Cream Blush Stick in the shade “Werk.” This shade is a perfect nude-pink rose that adds a nice amount of glow to the skin so it looks as though you’ve just been on a promenade outside. I also apply a dab of this blush to the outer part of my eyes to bring the color all over my face and to bring some definition there. Next, I would spray my face with the Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray and press it in with a sponge to help further blend everything together. I would then go in with a loose powder like Laura Mercier’s Translucent Loose Setting Powder on the center of my face and under my eyes. 

There are some different options for the eyes based on whether you want to be TV accurate and look like you have no eye makeup on or if you want to elevate the look a bit more. The brows are the same for both; I enjoy e.l.f.’s Brow Lift. My favorite eyeshadow palette I’ve been loving recently is the Too Faced Natural Eyes Eyeshadow Palette. To add just a little bit of definition without looking like you’re wearing any makeup, mix the two light matte browns and sweep them through the crease, making sure you’re blending very well. Then, go in with the dark matte brown and press it as close as you can to your lashes to give the appearance of thicker lashes. To amp it up, take the light shimmer and apply it to the center of the eyelid and the inner corner.

Another product that I love to give an amped-up natural eye is the Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Shadow in the shade “Strapless,” a beautiful shimmery taupe that makes your eyes look bigger while not looking like too much makeup. For mascara, Glossier’s Lash Slick is great — it’s very natural, with a “your lashes, but better” vibe. Lastly, we can apply some product to the lips; my favorite option for this is putting the Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liner in “Pillow Talk” all over my lips and then topping it off with a lip balm. I also love Glossier’s Generation G lipstick in shade “Cake” for a sheer matte lip that just makes the lips a bit peachier. 

I hope I’ve inspired you to play a bit more with makeup and that you have some new products to experiment with for that Bridgerton glow!

Can’t get enough of HC UMass Amherst? Be sure to follow us on Instagram, listen to us on Spotify, like us on Facebook, and read our latest Tweets!

Kate Dahlman

U Mass Amherst '24

Kate is a senior English major with a minor in business and a certificate in Professional Writing and Technical Communication at UMass Amherst. She is very passionate about all things literature! When she isn't studying or writing an essay, she loves to read, cook, and work out. She loves being apart of Her Campus at UMass!