How to Be the Best Version of Yourself Without Being Lost in the Crowd of School Jitters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

School has started, we are all in person now, and campus is bustling. We’re all just going with the flow of things. Some of us miss the online-learning style, given our enhanced way of at-home living. Some of us are excited for in-person classes, but are overwhelmed with the many faces in school. Everyone is exhausted in their new routines. How do you balance your clubs, your classes, your social life, and your academics? How do you find a lifestyle that works for you right now in this new rhythm?

Routine is always important

Just so you don’t get lost in your class schedules and your club events, getting into a routine is probably the healthiest thing you can do. I’m not saying to wake up at a certain time and sleep at a certain time. That is all very standard and will most definitely not work unless you have strong willpower.

But I mean when you wake up, you should have a nice pattern for yourself in the morning. Wake up, make your bed, and get ready for the day. You want to create all around good feelings for the day. Start with a latte and do a little bit of light reading or studying, or catch up with some friends for breakfast. Make sure you have a little bit of you time before you start your schedule. 

Keep a planner

Planning all your club events, time for studying, time for work, time for yourself, and time for your friends is essential so you are able to not only stay on schedule, but are able to have a social life and space while you aren’t behind on your academics.

Drinks

Now that we’re on the go all the time, having a bottle of water and a bottle where you can keep your latte is key, especially for me. It’s important to stay hydrated and not forget your daily intake of caffeine. It’ll keep you more awake throughout the day.

Nervous? Just say hello.

If you are nervous about meeting new faces, just know that chances are everyone just wants to have good conversation.

Cheers to a new semester, and happy start of the semester!

Can’t get enough of HC UMass Amherst? Be sure to follow us on Instagram, listen to us on Spotify, like us on Facebook, and read our latest Tweets!

Sidrat Siddiqui

U Mass Amherst '22

Sidrat Siddiqui is a senior studying the world of Chemistry. When she isn't studying, you will find her drinking a cuppa matcha, sleeping for inordinate amounts of time, and spending late nights reading books.