This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

This pandemic has taken a toll on most of us, mentally and physically. Although we can’t help how the past year has affected us, now is the perfect time to make a change! Spring is the time for rejuvenation, and with the vaccine rollout plan, we can really begin looking forward to getting back to normal. I’m here today to give you some tips on how to start feeling more like yourself before real life begins again!

The first thing you need to do is idealize your happiest self — what do you think you can do to get to that point?

Girl doing Yoga
Photo by cottonbro from Pexels
It may have been difficult during quarantine to find the motivation to exercise and eat healthy — I may have developed a Cheeto addiction! In my opinion, this is a super important aspect of my happiness because getting exercise and eating healthy gives me the energy I need to do all of the things I love. What I recommend doing: hit your favorite workout whether that be jogging, Chloe Ting, or hopping around the gym for an hour. Next, idk how great you are with cooking, but the food channels on TikTok go HARD. You could also run to Sweet Green or something; their Kale Caesar salads slap.

Some extra tips: drink a lot of water (chlorophyll water is a trend rn), get lots of fresh air, and always stretch!

It’s going to take some practice to get back into a good routine, but you got this!

Now for mental nourishment. Is there anything you did before the pandemic that really made you happy? Over the last year, just because there’s been so much time to do everything, it’s totally understandable that hobbies have been lost and found. Pick up a book you never finished, set up a canvas, go on a hike! The possibilities are really endless, and now is the best time to go for it! We’re almost done with school, and you still have a bit of time before most people have gotten their vaccines. These last couple months should be seen as an opportunity! Learn something new while you have time. What’s more exciting than developing a new skill?!

girl holding gray sunglasses
Photo by Atikh Bana from Unsplash
Before you’re really ready to take on the summer with all of your glory, you need to be able to let go of some baggage after coronavirus. You want to be your best, happiest self, so don’t let anything hold you back! Maybe you could write a letter to your pandemic self, and really pour out everything you want to let go of emotionally. Maybe you need to go through your wardrobe, like a little spring-cleaning project, and donate everything you don’t need anymore. Clean your room, do some self-care. Some sort of cleanse is crucial when it comes to rejuvenation, and a clean slate is often the best place to start!

It’s not going to be long before the majority of us in the U.S. will be vaxxed, and if you change your mindset, right now is the perfect time to start rebecoming your best self. You can do it; I believe in you!

Kira Tosi

U Mass Amherst '23

Kira Tosi is a sophomore at U Mass Amherst, and an Italian Studies major. She grew up in a Russian family which sparked her passion for language, culture, and traveling. Follow along to hear about her crazy experiences around the world and potentially see pictures of her bunnies!
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst