This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

I know what you’re thinking: Another dating app? Aren’t there like a million of those out there already? The answer is no. Not like this. SetMeUp is not like other dating apps like Tinder and Lulu. Its objective is to connect people through mutual friends and then offer deals through OpenTable, LivingSocial, Groupon, and Amazon. Map suggestions then provide trendy date spots in your area based on common interests.

One of SetMeUp’s main appeals is its trust factor. Other dating apps ask you to “like” people you would be interested in hooking up with, but with SetMeUp you can create a personal profile on your Facebook with your likes and dislikes to help you connect on a deeper level.

This relationship-building model provides more of a “real-deal” dating atmosphere instead of indulging in sketchy meetings with strangers.

The app targets both singles and those in relationships – it’s really just a fun way to meet new people! As more of your friends join, you will be able to see a wider circle of people you may have never connected with before.

The app also has its own Facebook page, Instagram, Twitter, and blog featuring dating advice and funny articles related to relationships. All can be used to help keep users up to date on the latest developments.

Since its startup in November 2013, SetMeUp has quickly reached over 25,000 users with access to 68 million profiles. Without a doubt those numbers will continue to grow steadily. My point? Jump on the bandwagon to learn why this app has become so successful.

Even more exciting: the mobile launch will be happening soon, so keep checking the app store!

Collegiettes, I urge you to take this opportunity and try online dating the right way. That is, safely and reliably. You won’t be disappointed!

Photo Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.

Allison Kafka

U Mass Amherst

Allison is a junior at the Univeristy of Massachusetts Amherst studying both Psychology and Communication. She enjoys reading, writing, running, sports, hanging with friends and going on adventures!
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst