Hot Off The Runway: What You Missed From Soul TV’s Haus of Pop Fashion Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

With vibrant colors and music that made you dance in your seat, the Student Union Ballroom was the place to be last night. With the concept of “A multicultural exploration of pop art through fashion,” Soul TV’s Haus of Pop Fashion Show was a sight to behold, featuring talented up-and-coming designers as well as appearances from Sicnarf, Enigma, and our own Insanely Prestigious Step Team.

Eric Ross (a.k.a. Vine celebrity “Damnit I’m Gambit”) MC’d the event, making the wait time between designers and performances endlessly entertaining. With a Nae-Nae-off, a fake $300 contest to get people to dance, he even made and posted a live vine, which you can view here!

Jennifer-Lee Felix, president of Soul TV, couldn’t be happier with the outcome of the event. At the end of the show, she thanked everyone involved, saying “I may have yelled, screamed, and cried… But I couldn’t have done it without you guys.” After the show, she told Her Campus that her favorite part about the show was “seeing all of these ideas on paper come to life” after an entire year of planning the big event.

The models also loved the entire process of the show. One of them commented on how much fun “the process of getting done up with hair and make-up” was. Another quickly added that her favorite part of the show was “[meeting] a lot of new people on campus I would see but wouldn’t talk to, and now they’re my friends!”

Did you attend the show, Collegiettes? Tell us what you think!

Brittany O'Neil

U Mass Amherst

Brittany is a junior at UMass Amherst with a double major in Early Childhood Education and Psychology. In addition to being a content editor for the best Her Campus chapter, she also works for the STEM Ambassadors Program, and is a Peer Mentor. She's obsessed with Netflix, sarcasm, and gifs. Lots and lots of gifs.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst