Here are some new albums to look out for this spring!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

2022 has already given us some great albums from artists like The Weeknd, FKA Twigs, Kanye West, Rex Orange County, and even some from 90’s icons like Mary J Blige, Snoop Dogg, and Guns N’ Roses. But this was just the beginning for what’s to come in terms of music. The second quarter of the year, typically starting in April, is when the music industry kicks back up again with new album releases. So, if you are anything like me, and are constantly on the lookout for new music, here are five new album releases from some of your favorite artists.

ATTENTION: MILEY LIVE – Miley Cyrus

Honestly, I am super excited about this album! Miley said she was curating this album for her fans and it will be her first live album. The album will feature live renditions of some her popular old songs, covers of some of her favorite songs along with a few new originals on the album. There is a new version of the popular hit “Party in the USA” on the track list and I couldn’t be more excited to dance to a newer version of the beloved song. Miley has been known to do a beautiful rendition of her godmother, Dolly Parton’s song “Jolene” and a live version of it will be featured on the album. This album just got released and is kind of a no-brainer to check out!

Familia – Camilla Cabello

Ever since she parted ways with Fifth Harmony, Camilla Cabello has put out some great music. Last month she announced her third solo album, Famila, was set to release on April 8, 2022. Camilla says that the album was inspired by her family, both by blood and choice. It is supposed to emulate all of the great moments spent with her family and a way for her to reconnect with her roots. The track list is set to feature songs written in Spanish as well as collaborations with Ed Sheeran and Willow!

Blue Water Road – Kehlani

In the fall of 2021, Kehlani uploaded a teaser on Youtube for her new album release. They wrote the album during the pandemic and it is finally set to be released on April 29, 2022. With the announcement of the album, they also released the lead single for the album, “altar”. The single shows off their beautiful vocals to an upbeat tune which makes me so excited to listen to whatever they have in store for us with this album!

Come Home the Kids Miss You – Jack Harlow

Jack Harlow seems to have somehow managed to sneak his way into and live rent free in our heads. The heartthrob quickly rose to fame because of his personality, looks and more importantly, his music! He has consistently put out music that has reached the top of music charts and he doesn’t seem to be slowing down anytime soon with the album releasing on May 6, 2022. He also recently released the lead single “Nail Tech”, and the song charted on the Top 20 of the US Billboard Hot 100. If you are a UMass student, you’ve probably heard that Jack Harlow is performing for the Spring Concert and I for one am ecstatic to see him perform live!

Harry’s House – Harry Styles

Harry Styles blessed his fans when he announced his long awaited world tour, “Harry Styles: Love on Tour” and it seems like he isn’t done giving us things to look forward to. You might want to set aside May 20, 2022 to listen to the album because he said it was his favorite album to make. Fans have already been quick to uncover clues and create conspiracy theories on the album. He also just released the lead single to the album “As It Was” a few days ago and it has a very synth-pop feel to it. This album seems like it’s going to be a genre switch up from his previous album and I am thrilled for a possibly new era of Harry!

Harry Styles performing at the 2021 Grammy Awards
Photo by Francis Specker / CBS

This time of year always makes me happy for all the new music that gets released. I hope you are geared up for them and all the other fun music to be released this year! Happy listening :)

Can’t get enough of HC UMass Amherst? Be sure to follow us on Instagram, listen to us on Spotify, like us on Facebook, and read our latest Tweets!

Anushka Myndapanda

U Mass Amherst '23

Anushka is currently a senior and majoring in Mathematics and Psychology. She loves to spend time with family and friends, reading books, staying active, and is passionate about climate change and sustainability.