Heidi Klum Dressed as a What?! Here Are 7 of the Funniest Celeb Halloween Costumes of 2022

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

On Halloween, we can always expect celebrities to go all out. These ones definitely did that…and then some.

Tyga as E.T.

Tyga had a few different costumes this year, including Michael Jackson from the Thriller music video. But his weirdly realistic E.T. costume for sure takes the cake for his 2022 costumes. In an Instagram post two days before Halloween, he sported a red flannel with a graphic T-Shirt and jeans, and an incredibly detailed E.T. mask. The eerie mask was even complete with the long, glowing finger to match.

Lizzo as Marge Simpson

Lizzo’s Halloween costume wasn’t supposed to be scary, but it gave me a jump scare anyways. To embody the cartoon character, Lizzo was painted entirely yellow (even her nails), and wore a comically tall blue wig. This fantastic costume was displayed on her Instagram in a post captioned: “I AM HIM – HIMMY NEUTRON – MARGE SIMPSON”. Truly iconic.

Lizzo at the 2021 Grammy Awards
Photo by Francis Specker / CBS
Kendall Jenner as a Cucumber

If you’re a fan of the Kardashians, you probably remember when Kendall Jenner got flamed by the internet for the way she cut a cucumber on The Kardashians on Hulu. Well, this Halloween, Kendall embraced her internet trolls by dressing up as a slice of cucumber. In an Instagram post, she posed with a knife to fully complete the fantastic look.

Nina Dobrev and Shaun White as Vecna and Max from Stranger Things

This couple’s costume was one of the best this year for sure. Shaun dressed up as Max from Stranger Things, while Nina wore a terrifying Vecna body suit. The pair posed on Instagram like they were straight out of the show — Nina stood holding her hand up while Shaun was edited to look like he was being held off of the ground. It was beautifully done.

StrangerThings StrangerThings4 8 00 02 52 15?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Courtesy of Netflix © 2022
Janelle Monet as the White Rabbit

This costume is an interesting one. Dressing up as a rabbit can take many different forms, but this one is for sure the scariest one solely because of how realistic it was. Her head was entirely covered in fur, with realistic bunny ears to match, and she even had fake teeth. It is so unsettling that you just can’t look away.

Joe Jonas as Flo from Progressive

Flo from Progressive is a fantastic costume to begin with, but to see Joe Jonas in the getup just makes it so much better. He posted a mirror selfie of the look on Instagram, captioned “Go with the Flo” — the icing on the cake. He wore a rather questionable brown wig and a fierce red lip that perfectly embodied Flo herself. I’m sure she would be proud.

Heidi Klum as an Earthworm

Yes, an earthworm. It supposedly took four months of planning and 12 hours of application — as well as a lot of money. The worm suit was a custom prosthetic that required 3D scans of Heidi Klum’s face and body. The contraption left Heidi having to either hop or slither around a Halloween bash in New York City. She was accompanied by her husband, Tom Kaulitz, who dressed as a fisherman. It’s safe to say she stole the night in the strangest way possible.

While it is normally hard to pick a favorite celeb costume, it is clear, to me, that Heidi Klum won Halloween 2022. She’s left everyone on the internet speechless — and also wondering how she could possibly top the worm next Halloween.

Can’t get enough of HC UMass Amherst? Be sure to follow us on Instagram, listen to us on Spotify, like us on Facebook, and read our latest Tweets

Ava Cichonski

U Mass Amherst '26

Ava Cichonski is a freshman at UMass Amherst studying nutrition. She loves to work out, crochet, and watch Rick and Morty in her free time.