Healthy Breakfasts To Brighten Up Your Morning

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

We all have different morning routines, whether it’s waking up late or waking up early, being in a rush or being early. Breakfast can be one of the highlights of your morning and change up your outlook of the day ahead. Personally, I sometimes don’t have time for breakfast, but it’s one of my favorite meals. With these quick and healthy breakfasts, it can be yours, too!

Chia Seed Pudding

Chia seed pudding is one of the most versatile and easy breakfast meals. It’s just two ingredients: milk and chia seeds. You make it the night before with whatever flavor you want and put it in the fridge overnight. I love making cocoa chia seed pudding and matcha chia seed pudding. My cocoa chia seed pudding is made from cinnamon, salt, honey, cocoa powder, and Trader Joe’s sipping chocolate — it’s so good! You can Google the proportions of milk and chia seeds if you’re unsure. Also, for a thicker consistency, you can always add Greek yogurt. The aesthetic is gorgeous, especially when you put it in a mason jar.

Fruit Bowl with Yogurt

This is one of my go-tos always. It’s just a fruit salad — usually with bananas, strawberries, and blackberries — combined with pumpkin spice cinnamon yogurt. It’s filling, easy, and you can never get sick of it.

Dark Chocolate Banana Bread

This obviously would be pre-made. I usually make this over the weekend and it lasts for the week. It’s best to use nearly blackened bananas because they are easier to mush and are naturally sweet. The ingredients are very simple: dark chocolate, salt, sugar, almond flour, bananas, baking powder, and about three eggs. Then you put it in the oven for 60-65 minutes. It’s super delicious — I am still addicted.

Brie Cheese and Berries on Sourdough Toast

This recipe I actually recently learned from TikTok. It’s a Gordon Ramsey signature, and being me, I love aesthetic food, so I bought the ingredients. It’s just brie cheese, any berries of your choice (I prefer blackberries and strawberries), butter, lemon zest, and sourdough bread. First of all, I do think that brie cheese is definitely an acquired taste. If you like it, you like it. If you don’t, you just don’t. I personally was very neutral about it.

For the lemon zest, I may have added too much, so I think it’s ideal to not use it, as I was just confused by the combined flavors. Don’t get me wrong, its super pretty to make, but it’s not delish or bad, it’s just meh. I thought this was an important discovery, so I’m letting you all know.

Toast

I am not too much of a toast person these days. But for the toast crowd, there are sunny-side-up eggs and avocado toasts you can make and drizzle with a dressing or sriracha on top. There’s always the simple peanut butter toast or lox bagels — those are always filling. Bagels in general are absolutely amazing! There’s several bagel shops in the town of Amherst, including The Works, that have several different cream cheese flavors. That’s always fun to try. You can buy two different ones and eat them with your toasted bagels. I highly recommend.

Happy munching!

Can’t get enough of HC UMass Amherst? Be sure to follow us on Instagram, listen to us on Spotify, like us on Facebook, and read our latest Tweets!

Sidrat Siddiqui

U Mass Amherst '22

Sidrat Siddiqui is a senior studying the world of Chemistry. When she isn't studying, you will find her drinking a cuppa matcha, sleeping for inordinate amounts of time, and spending late nights reading books.