This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Halloween 2020 was definitely a weird one, given COVID-19 restricted a lot of what we could do. Although we may not have been able to celebrate in all of the same ways, the costumes were more original than ever! Below are some costumes I saw that were fan favorites.

Costume 1: Lil Huddy & Charli D’Amelio!

This costume was a total hit. I mean, way to keep up with the current trends, right? These two Tik Tok stars rose to fame in 2020 and have been so popular since. Their off and on relationship keeps fans on their toes, so this costume worked perfectly!

Costume 2: Hannah Montana Group Costume!

The accuracy in this one is… insane. We have Hannah, Miley (not pictured), Billy Ray, Lola, Jackson & Rico! From Billy’s side burns to the surf shop shirts… it is all just too perfect. 

Costume 3: Borat!

When I saw this costume in person, my jaw… hit the floor. SO original and SO hilarious! Not only did they look the part, they acted it… accent and all, it was perfect.

Costume 4: Dad’s!

This group of hilarious girls dressed as their DAD’S on Halloween. It was literally so hysterical and if you knew them, you would know how accurate it is to their actual father’s… definitely an easy and comfortable costume for the night!

Costume 5: Britney Spears Costume!

My two friends really hit the nail on the head with this amazing costume recreating Britney Spears and JT’s epic red carpet look. Like really, could it have been any better?!

Hopefully now there is some more inspo for next years Halloween!!

Victoria Tustin

U Mass Amherst '22

Tory is a senior here at UMass Amherst. She is currently a Journalism major with a Spanish minor, and has a passion for writing just about anything!
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst