alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A Guide to the Concerts in MA You Don’t Want to Miss This Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you are so over this winter, and already looking forward to summer and all the fun things you can do in the warm, sunny weather! One of my favorite things to do during the summer is go to concerts. Outdoors or indoors, they are always a fun time. So, I have put together a list (in chronological order) of artists and bands coming to MA this summer to make sure you don’t miss any of your favorites. Happy planning!

1. Kicking off summer with a country concert is George Strait on his final tour “The Cowboy Rides Away.” He will be playing at Gillette Stadium May 31 with special guests, and power couple, Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. Having recorded over 60 #1 hits, Strait is a country music legend. You don’t want to miss this combination of both classic and modern country.

2. John Legend is coming to the Hanover Theatre for Performing Arts in Worcester, MA on June 2nd. His most recent album “Love In The Future” was a huge success. It included the single “All Of Me” which I’m pretty sure every human wants to have sung to them, so be sure to see John Legend and just pretend he’s singing it directly to you.

3. On June 7th, Dave Matthews Band will be performing at the Xfinity Center in Mansfield, MA. I saw them play two years ago and they are absolutely amazing! I highly recommending seeing DMB, for their true talent and improvisation on stage is incomparable to anyone else.

4. There are so many country concerts coming to Mass. this summer I am so excited! Rascal Flatts, Sheryl Crow, and Gloriana will all be performing at the Xfinity Center in Mansfield on June 21st. With hits like Sheryl’s “Easy,” Gloriana’s “Can’t Shake You,” and tons of #1’s by Rascal Flatts, this concert will definitely not disappoint. For now, these tickets are only available with other concerts as a “Country Mega Ticket” and aren’t on sale yet, but keep checking back to get yours!

5. With their latest huge hit “Counting Stars,” One Republic has added multiple cities to their 2014 tour, with one of them being Boston. They will be performing with The Script at the Blue Hills Pavilion on June 24th.

6. Billy Joel is coming to Fenway on June 26th! He’s such a classic with so many hits like “Only The Good Die Young” and “Piano Man” that everyone knows and loves. 

7. Look out everyone, Lady Gaga is coming to the TD Garden on June 30th for her ArtRave: The ArtPop Ball Tour. Get out your crazy outfits and prepare to be thoroughly entertained!

8. On July 11th, Jason Aldean and Florida Georgia Line will be coming to the Xfinity Center. I am a huge Jason fan, and am actually currently listening to “When She Says Baby” from his “Night Train” album. Again, these tickets are only available as a Country Mega Ticket and aren’t on sale yet, so keep checking back to make sure you can see this awesome country combo!

9. I was super excited to find out that Justin Timberlake is coming to the TD Garden on July 11th! Honestly who doesn’t love JT? He’s so funny and talented and attractive (ugh don’t we all wish we were Jessica Biel?). Lots of his summer concerts are selling out quickly so be sure to buy tickets before you miss out.

10. Keith Urban is headlining on July 26th at the Xfinity Center. His openers are Jerrod Niemann, who you probably know by his latest single “Drink To That All Night” and his song “Lover, Lover,” and Brett Eldredge who you know by his hits “Don’t Ya” (which I love), and “Beat of the Music.” These tickets aren’t yet available and are part of the Country Mega Ticket, so keep checking back to see when you can purchase them.

11. Katy Perry will be at the TD Garden for two days, August 1st and 2nd, with Capital Cities. Katy had a huge year in 2013, releasing the hits “Roar,” “Unconditionally” (the perfect song to belt out while driving), and “Dark Horse,” so her show promises to be packed with songs we love. 

12. For all you teenyboppers at heart, One Direction will be performing at Gillette Stadium on August 7th. There are still tons of tickets available, so you have plenty of time to plan to see your favorite boy band.

13. The concert I am most excited about, and am currently in the process of buying tickets to, is Luke Bryan, Lee Brice, and Cole Swindell (singer of “Chillin It“). They will be bringing all of their country glory to the Xfinity Center on August 10th. I’ll just let Luke show you why you should go see him.

OH YEAH, LUKE. 

And his latest album is amazing, I mean COME ON.

14. The country quartet Little Big Town is coming to the Cape Cod Melody Tent in Hyannis on August 14th, and to the South Shore Music Circus in Cohasset on August 15th. Both are small, intimate venues so you’re really up close to the performers, but this also means that shows sell out quickly, so make sure you buy soon!

15. Last, but certainly not least Brad Paisley, Randy Houser, Leah Turner (singer of “Take The Keys“),  and Charlie Worsham (singer of “Could It Be“) will be performing at the Xfinity Center on August 23rd. BP was the first country concert I ever went to and he is such a great performer! Definitely catch this show if you can. Tickets aren’t on sale yet, but keep checking his tour site for details.

Happy jamming, Collegiettes!

Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst